Jojo
Jojo asked in PetsDogs 7 months ago

Why when a dog relieves itself by urinating and defecating .....?

.... its called Going to the bathroom or going to `potty`by so many people, especially Americans. Are they embarrassed to use the right terms or what?

Even going to the toilet sounds better then potty or bathroom.

I find it hilarious but very prim and a bit childlike.

Dogs do NOT use potties OR use a bathroom.

But then again........I could be wrong??不不不不

yep that is very odd. I tell my dog to go poop and go pee constantly when he is outside. Yep I have to tell my dog to go poop or go pee constantly otherwise he just stands there and yawns or sniffs his other poop or the grass.

• Jojo

I don`t ask many questions but if you look on my profile it will show a genuine `me` if it says I`v been a member since July 11th 2007. I just got fed up with all this potty and bathroom nonsense.不不不不不. Jmo.

Americans just be crazy. God save the Queen

• Jojo

I`ll drink to that!

I have never heard any American say their dog was "going to the toilet," the toilet being a porcelain fixture. I do say, "Go potty" as opposed to "Why don't you defecate" or "Is it time for you to urinate?" I figure my dogs understand shorter words.

We Americans also tend to say housebreak instead of potty train which I see non-Americans post on Yahoo on a regular basis.

I just never thought it was a nationality issue.

But a question from an apparently childish and prudish "America" - what are "poop bags," the name on the package, called outside of the USA? Are they called "Defecation bags for dogs?" or something else?

• Jojo

Also its more realistic and just as easy to say to a dog, "go wee` or `go poop`. Why potty? I wonder who actually started that silly phrase. And use bathroom to refer to a dog relieving itself is just hilarious. Jmo.

I use the term 'go potty'. To me, it is a clear & direct command. Only used when we are out & about or traveling.

You can train a dog and a cat to use the toilet.

• John

Your probably one of those fsggor dingbat foreigners squatting here in america.

I've been to foreign countries and watched to dumbshits run snakes up your ***.

"Potty" and "bathroom" are perfectly normal terms except probably foreign dingbats that run snakes up their ***.

There's the airport. You ******* loosers really only got a short time left here. You things had better consider using it.

I find "using the bathroom" odd... He isnt going into the bathroom to use it.

"Going potty" seems a little more understandable.. Its a generic term understood by anyone that the dog could be going pee, or poop or both. I also have kids.. So to say "I need to take the dog to potty" kind of rolls of the tongue easily and quickly enough and is understood by my young ones.

My dog certainly understands if I ask if he needs to "potty" or needs to "go out".

Youd be surprised how many adults dont know proper terminology either. So even just general discussion with other people, its easier to dumb it down.

I dont think "going to the toilet" sounds better. My dog isnt using a toilet.

• Jojo

Then it dawned on me that it was an American invention to avoid using more realistic words like Pee and poop. Why? Beats me. Just sounds so ridiculous. Jmo.

fully agreed with your answer below................Jojo and jojo is not the asker though a fake troll is projecting itself to be jojo

• Veschengro

Geh mal kaken in german in the case of feces for urination geh mal pissen or geh mal pi pi machen

• Jack H

I found it funny that the Pinterest account for that piccie was Dump a Day .com, thanks, I giggled...

Did you know that dogs recognize words spoken by humans? The simpler the better. When I ask my dog "want to go potty" he doesn't jump up until he hears the word "potty". I can stand there asking "want to go out" and get nothing. The fact that you have a problem or think that how people define their dogs waste elimination events are strange is of little consequence to me.

• Jojo

Sigh....You are obviously mistaking me for someone who gives a damn what you think., and I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent , so....I`m out. End of.