promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Any suggestions for furniture for a living room that's only 7 feet by 7 feet?

Update:

Actually, the living room is 12x18, but I'm using a large part of it as a studio, and I don't often host people anyway. So, 7x7 is a reasonable space. As is I have two big chairs there, but ultimately I need to replace those and use the space more efficiently, to hopefully seat four.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

A small pit group. Or better, a pair of crate style loveseats. There are many options in crate style but generally they are quite good about keeping the dimensions both modest and explicit - a loveseat that is billed as 52" wide will be EXACTLY 52" wide, front to back, top to bottom. No curves or bulges. Tuck an end table into the corner, put a love seat along either wall from that and there you are, instant pit group.

Can't sleep on it, but many crate style manufacturers offer their love seats as hideaway sleeps, so you could have one that popped out into a twin bed, no problem.

This is a pretty straightforward way to put a lot of seating into a VERY small space, but I have to ask: seriously? Seven by seven? Is this for a tiny house?

• ...Show all comments
    • elhigh
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Crate style has the added benefits of being ridiculously durable and not trendy at all. I have been sitting on the same sofa for about 30 years now, and while not fashionable, it IS attractive. It has no fashion cues to go out of fashion, so it's every bit as nice as it ever was.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

They do not allow personal furniture in jail cells so stop trolling and bend over you dropped the soap.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You can set it up like the interior of a really nice tent.

• chris
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Recliner, flat screen tv, PS4.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You could start with a few stools and a telephone table and a wall-mounted flatscreen TV.

• 9 months ago

a chair 123456789101112131415

• Dj2541
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Bean bags can be of use, just to give people a place to sit around.

• 9 months ago

Convertible furniture. You could easily buy something akin to a 3-cushion couch that separates into two separate chairs and an ottoman, or get 2 chairs that fold into beds, or can be pushed together to make a sofa.

I would also suggest you wall mount the television and take advantage of higher wall space with shelving. There are a LOT of excellent YouTube videos on utilizing small living spaces. You should certainly check a few out.

• 9 months ago

A sofa-bed for starters, or a combo murphy bed/cabinet/drawers unit.

• 9 months ago

Probably a toilet if we're being honest

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.