Any suggestions for furniture for a living room that's only 7 feet by 7 feet?

Actually, the living room is 12x18, but I'm using a large part of it as a studio, and I don't often host people anyway. So, 7x7 is a reasonable space. As is I have two big chairs there, but ultimately I need to replace those and use the space more efficiently, to hopefully seat four.

• elhigh

A small pit group. Or better, a pair of crate style loveseats. There are many options in crate style but generally they are quite good about keeping the dimensions both modest and explicit - a loveseat that is billed as 52" wide will be EXACTLY 52" wide, front to back, top to bottom. No curves or bulges. Tuck an end table into the corner, put a love seat along either wall from that and there you are, instant pit group.

Can't sleep on it, but many crate style manufacturers offer their love seats as hideaway sleeps, so you could have one that popped out into a twin bed, no problem.

This is a pretty straightforward way to put a lot of seating into a VERY small space, but I have to ask: seriously? Seven by seven? Is this for a tiny house?

• elhigh

Crate style has the added benefits of being ridiculously durable and not trendy at all. I have been sitting on the same sofa for about 30 years now, and while not fashionable, it IS attractive. It has no fashion cues to go out of fashion, so it's every bit as nice as it ever was.

They do not allow personal furniture in jail cells so stop trolling and bend over you dropped the soap.

You can set it up like the interior of a really nice tent.

• chris

Recliner, flat screen tv, PS4.

You could start with a few stools and a telephone table and a wall-mounted flatscreen TV.

a chair 123456789101112131415

• Dj2541

Bean bags can be of use, just to give people a place to sit around.

Convertible furniture. You could easily buy something akin to a 3-cushion couch that separates into two separate chairs and an ottoman, or get 2 chairs that fold into beds, or can be pushed together to make a sofa.

I would also suggest you wall mount the television and take advantage of higher wall space with shelving. There are a LOT of excellent YouTube videos on utilizing small living spaces. You should certainly check a few out.

A sofa-bed for starters, or a combo murphy bed/cabinet/drawers unit.

Probably a toilet if we're being honest