Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 9 months ago

Why can't some men grow beards?

I'm in my mid 20s and still can't grow a real beard. Trust me, I've tried. I can go months without shaving, and it looks horrible, just soft patchy peach fuzz, and I get roasted for it. So I usually keep it clean shaving, and I only I have shave once or twice a week for this.

Many my guy friends can groa thick beards in literally a week or 2, WTF? And guys are always flexing their full thick beards on everyone. It's so annoying.

It makes no sense why I don't have a beard, cuz I'm tall and strong with broad shoulders, so it's not like I'm lacking testosterone. I just have too much hair on my head, but little to none on my face.

its just genetics probably, the same way some women like me have small breasts, and other women have bigger ones

SO you get roasted THrow it back at them let em know your dont need to shave themselves down under Since I bet Most of them are Panty waists who do that .... The more they see IT bothers you The more they will bust your Balls lol dude relax It took me till I was 28 to grown a Mustach and It wasnt until 43 or 44 that IT was Even Noticable.... I was looking at my beard today before I shaved it and Pure white I hate it Hate i'm going bald Body hair growing everywhere Except where I want it at ...

The gene for facial hair comes from the:

X Chromosome. You get that from your Mom.

Does your Grandfather and Great Grandfather on your mom's side have facial hair? If not, you probably won't be able to easily grow a beard.

Do your uncles on your mom's side have beards? That's an indication that, maybe, you could grow one to. Sometimes it skips a generation.

It's all in your genes.

• Sally

My guess is you are gay

• ron h

Sally, dragging her bag of stupid with her.

Most Asians have no or limited genetics for growing beards. Perhaps you are of Asian ancestry?

Count yourself lucky! Mine grows rapidly: a week of no shaving and most of my face is concealed. Two days of growth has my wife complaining that I am scruffy.

• Bucky

It is probably genetics.

some are not meant to be

• patty

its all in the genes. U may have the gene for hairy or the gene for not much at all. You may be a late developer. can your dad grow a beard?

• Maxwell

My dad can't grow a beard as far as I know. I also haven't seen him in a very long time, so it's hard to tell. But still never seen him with a beard.

I also hit puberty very late. This may be a factor.

Just like breast size in women, it all comes down to genetics.

• Matt85

Most people have a short-coming. Don't worry about it. Hot is just a way you act, it's not really about looks.