Maggie
Maggie asked in SportsFootballScottish Football · 3 months ago

Why are some idiots going on about Ryan Kent being a 'panic buy'?

A panic buy is a last minute option, whereas Steven Gerrard was openly wanting to sign Ryan Kent since last season. Hardly a 'panic buy' bhoys...

• Tatty

From my point of view, the panic was not around the timing, but the size of the fee, as from all perspectives and figures I've seen, you clearly do not have those kind of funds available to you. It struck me that, yes you did want to buy him but there just seemed to be a kind of throwing all your eggs in one basket, last throw of the dice type feel about it, for my point of view.

• Maggie

I didn't mean to refer to him as possibly being a one season wonder. He's well worth £7 million. I get that we can't exactly go out and spend that kind of money, but sometimes you have to take a risk and Steven Gerrard obviously thinks that Ryan Kent is worth the risk.

You need Clark Kent lol

• DanSix73 months agoReport

Thick Mags cant see that Gerrard was dithering over blowing 7 million on Kent but after getting played off the park by Celtic, he shot his bolt and handed over 7 million for kent. 2 million up front and the rest in installments PMSL. Its clearly 7 million they cant afford. PANIC!!