Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Would you let a 10 year-old girl babysit your baby?

If that 10 year-old girl is streetwise and very mature for her age like my cousin is...would you let her?

She knows how to cook some foods too.

Update:

She loves babies too.

37 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

No- she is too young to be caring for a baby without an adult present.

You may want to have her come over and spend some time with you and your baby since she loves babies. Letting her hold the baby with you sitting by her should make her happy.

There are too many things that could go wrong if a 10 year old is left alone with a baby and it's not worth the chance.

Take care,

SM, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

What's your source?

Www.parenting.org

• Mystic
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

10 is a bit young to be alone with and 100% in charge of a small baby.

• 1 month ago

I thinki a 10 year old is a little too young to trust with that responsibility.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hell no. You are joking right ?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I wouldn't let an 11 year old do it, although I have taken my baby sister out when I was that age, and also once babysat for a neighbour.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. I'd let her keep the kids/baby occupied, but I'd have to be in the house with them. A street wise 10 year old? Not sure what that means exactly but it doesn't sound like a good thing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

NO?? Illegal?? Baby??

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

No. It is illegal to leave a child alone without someone over the age of 16. You would be leaving two children alone. What would she do if your baby ate something and began to get sick? What would she do if the baby got hurt? It is tricky but legally not acceptable

• 2 months ago

No. I would never let a 10 year old babysit.

• 2 months ago

No. She could be anything but still only ten.......

Peace.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.