Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Would you let a 10 year-old girl babysit your baby?

If that 10 year-old girl is streetwise and very mature for her age like my cousin is...would you let her?

She knows how to cook some foods too.

She loves babies too.

No- she is too young to be caring for a baby without an adult present.

You may want to have her come over and spend some time with you and your baby since she loves babies. Letting her hold the baby with you sitting by her should make her happy.

There are too many things that could go wrong if a 10 year old is left alone with a baby and it's not worth the chance.

Take care,

SM, Counselor

Boys Town National Hotline

1-800-448-3000

What's your source?

Www.parenting.org

• Mystic

10 is a bit young to be alone with and 100% in charge of a small baby.

I thinki a 10 year old is a little too young to trust with that responsibility.

Hell no. You are joking right ?

• GB

I wouldn't let an 11 year old do it, although I have taken my baby sister out when I was that age, and also once babysat for a neighbour.

• GEEGEE

No. I'd let her keep the kids/baby occupied, but I'd have to be in the house with them. A street wise 10 year old? Not sure what that means exactly but it doesn't sound like a good thing.

NO?? Illegal?? Baby??

• Nathan

No. It is illegal to leave a child alone without someone over the age of 16. You would be leaving two children alone. What would she do if your baby ate something and began to get sick? What would she do if the baby got hurt? It is tricky but legally not acceptable

No. I would never let a 10 year old babysit.

No. She could be anything but still only ten.......

Peace.