Can you eat or consume HORSE meat?

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Moloch
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

No. This is the vegetarian/ vegan section and vegetarians and vegans don't eat horses

• 2 months ago

No you said Horse MEAT that is meat. But if you aren't a full vegetarian and you want to eat horse meat go ahead.

• 2 months ago

oh poor Mr ED... watch the movie the horse whispers ...you strange idiots

• 2 months ago

No...............

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Well, it's not poisonous, and is easily digested. It is also not available in the US. When in France, it is not uncommon to see Steak de cheval [horse steak] on a menu, but if you question the server, it turns out to be just a cut of beef that approximates the texture of horse meat.

• 2 months ago

No. I'm a pescatarian, and horse meat is illegal in my country anyway.

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

well its not poisonous if thats what you want to know.. certain religions though dont allow it to be eaten, and certain cultures dont eat it also.... like in Asia.. some countries eat dog and cat meat.. some even rats.. I personally wouldnt.. also some africans eat monkey meat.. there again.. I wont.. but to each their own.. I dont even eat pork... but a lot of people do...

• Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You most certainly can. Go to France and you might see a "boucherie chevaline", which tells you in the name it sells horsemeat (cheval means horse).

There was a European scandal a few years ago when horsemeat ended up in some beef products, and nobody noticed until DNA testing identified horse DNA in them. Nothing wrong with it, except that if you buy beef you expect to GET beef. Horsemeat is just not something we usually eat.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, it's quite popular in France.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes you can. It's just meat like any other meat and is perfectly safe if properly prepared. Just about any animal can be consumed (and humans are no exception as a prey species to predators that take them down...fair is fair). Horse is also eaten in some countries and cultures. It's just not eaten in most countries and cultures because horses are a domestic livestock that lives and works with humans, building strong relationships with us like dogs do and often being treated as pets. Plus they're beautiful, intelligent, and cuddly.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.