Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 11 months ago

Son is dating a girl who’s dad is a career criminal. Family are criminals. What do I do?

There is something that was is about this girl. It was a feeling. I did a search and found out that her dad has been arrested for- beating his wife, driving while intoxicated many times, evading arrest, theft, hot checks AND manslaughter... this man has a criminal record as long as his arm. His brother( my son’s gf uncle) has been arrested for rape. He brutally raped a 25 year old woman. Went to prison for it. This girl is very close to these people. She doesn’t know that I know. My son doesn’t know that I know. He’s been seeing her just a couple of weeks. What do I do??

Can't judge the girl on what her father or brother did. See how she really acts first.

• GEEGEE

If they've only been dating a few weeks, I'd be inclined to wait and see how the relationship progresses. If it even moves forward.

Just leave it be. Did she do these things? Just because she has family that are criminals doesn't mean she is. She had no choice who she was born into. They have only been dating 2 weeks so it probably won't turn into anything serious anyway.

• Alan H

Unless it appears to be+getting serious, do nothing.

Then gently warn him

She is not her family

If this "relationship" is only two weeks old chances are it'll dissolve itself eventually anyway.

Show your son what you have seen

Poor girl, growing up in such an atmosphere. I hope your son can influence her with great values.

You don't do anything. If you try to intervene in your son's business, that'll drive the two together even more.

The woman's family may be criminals, but that doesn't make her one. Think about that.

Son18+? Move far away don’t tell him new address give him ph# to contact you.

break his front teeth, it will make him popular in jail