Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 3 months ago

No Crash Bandicoot game for PS3, PS4, or PS Vita. Why has Sony abandoned their mascot?

His last appearance was in 2001. I bought a PS4 and PS Vita just for a Crash Bandicoot game but nothing happened. Thats like Nintendo making a console and not releasing a Super Mario game! What a dissapointment from Sony. Now i know theres been a few Crash Games here and there like racing games and Insane Trilogy. But no actuall official solo game. So whats going on with the little guy? Any info appreciated

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

With the insane trilogy and team racing, they were also signed to do another game. People believe this will be a new game and not a remaster.

They think this because in the insane trilogy, there is a bonus level which was made by the new developers. It wasn’t part of the original game, people think that this is a hint as to what is to come with Crash in the future.

Also don’t forget that Crash isn’t a PlayStation exclusive, comparing it to Nintendo and Mario doesn’t make sense in this situation.

• Raditz
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Crash Bandicoot is a property of Activision, and not Sony. So if you want to complain, go to Activision instead of Sony, sincr they're the ones who have the control of the IP.

But looking at the very positive reception of the remastered Crash games, I think it's only a matter of time before Activision released another Crash game.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Guess Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled don't exist then? Crash Bandicoot is clearly no longer exclusive to Sony. That's not a bad thing, that's a good thing. It's amusing how players will call exclusives 'hostagewear' when they come out on systems they don't own however will praise exclusives for systems they do own.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Have you not seen the Remake of Crash Bandicoot? Or, is that not on the Playstation / PS4? I'm pretty sure that it is. If it's not, they're probably not making any new Crash Bandicoot games due to licensing issues, or possibly due to there not being enough new content that they could add or create with a new version of the famous character. Once there's not much creativity left on the table, they're going to suffer losing lots of money.

As well, Crash Bandicoot is not always going to be on a PS4, or any Console that's not home to that specific character, it's not a game series that's 100% console exclusive.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.