How would you describe West coast drivers, particularly Vegas and SoCal?

I would describe them as moving targets.

I am from SoCal (Orange County) People from over there are rue drivers haha and people get emotional with driving and act super "extra"

In general in CA people do not care about other drivers. People will get on a freeway and immediately cut cars off to get into the far left lane (fast lane) then proceed to go slower than the other lanes.

• DEBS

Well, to start with Vegas isn't on the West Coast. SoCal is a huge area so all you'll get is generalizations which are never great. That said, LA drivers think only of themselves on the road; not those around them. San Diego is better. When you get out to the desert areas where it's less populated you have more reasonable drivers who take care on the roads.

• A.J.

I've lived in many cities, both large and small and do see driving differences to areas. Drivers generally account for the area traffic conditions.

I live in Las Vegas now. Many visitors causing erratic patterns as their driving varies. Las Vegas area traffic managers accounted for it by devoted turn lanes and signal arrows and extending the signal times in red/yellow/green. A lot of people running red lights, so drivers slow to move on green change. A lot of pedestrians hit for many reasons.

The SoCal area is high density and heavy traffic gets people on edge. Many change lanes a lot and cut in at exits. Tailgating common. When traffic is light, many roads have a lot of lanes and people drive fast. You get some driving very slow and some speeding. It makes awareness very critical. Many people do not watch what is going on around them until passing an incident and rubbernecking, backing up traffic for miles even when no lanes are closed.

In Detroit I find high speeds and tailgating.

In Austin Texas I found hugging the right lane on a multi-lane road.

In Arizona, speed limits are ignored.

In Boston and Philadelphia, one way streets, sometimes random instead of alternating.

Drivers compared to where?

Rural versus urban drivers are very different when out of their standard domain.

F you, and F your turn signal to!! Don't you dare try to reduce your speed to get into the far right-hand exit Lane while I'm trying to pass you at a speed greater than the highway posted speed limit. You should know better. While I'm at it, honk honk!! that's me behind you telling you to commit a traffic violation so that I can get around you and commit three more.