I have a problem with my HDMI connection between my laptop and monitor?

I have plugged in my hdmi to the monitor and it worked before but one day it just stopped working, I switched the cable and it’s the same thing, I checked the playback setting where I found out about it online and it shows that it is connected to the monitor but the monitor isn’t displaying anything, I don’t know what to do please help me this has gone for waaaaay to loong

Monitors do not last forever.Try different monitor.

Most monitors accept different inputs, make sure that the monitor in question still has its input set to HDMI and not something like DVI or VGA. I had this happen to me once.

Try a different monitor, if that works; chances are the first monitor may have died.

Assuming you have a Windows-based laptop, try pressing the Windows key and "P" simultaneously. This should open a side bar with different video output options. Choose "Duplicate" or "Extend" to see if the image shows up on your monitor. And make sure that your monitor is set to the correct input if it has multiple inputs.