Should Geoffrey have been knighted after he beat a woman up once?

Sir Geoffrey Boycott

• gerald

well he knocked her about better than he did the Cricket ball typical Theresa May decision Appalling, we could have stuck a dustbin in the crease and got better scores that's my opinion I am allowed it I think

• Who

f//k knows why he was given one at all (and I am a yorkshire man)

he has done absolutely NOTHING of note since he stopped playing cricket - and very little before that

(He bored the sh//t out of me when I watched him play)

Yes, she deserved it.

No; none of the people named in T Mays awards

should receive awards of any kind.. from a failed useless Dim whit.

• ?

This is weird...John Profumo received his Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1975; thirteen years after you know what. I'm sure you'll remember Stephen Ward and spy Yevgeny Ivanov, as Profumo wasn't the only 'player' in the team. Can't remember what the media - or the weird kind made of it then, but isn't this the other way round - Boycott did good THEN misbehaved. In any case - I bet a certain Mr. Beckham is crying in his milk wherever he is in the world. Talking of bad boy lords...is Jeffrey Archer still one?

• P

He didn't get a knighthood for something that happened a long time ago for which he's paid. Sounds like a jealous witch hunt by people with a chip on their shoulder and a preference for revenge rather than a respect for justice. Perhaps they know more than the courts

• ?

Think of the fainting couch feminism of the new millennium. The kind which we saw in 1969 has well gone; they want to be in the military, run the world now but now they've become traumatised, fragile and need protection, As you said, Boycott was violent but in the #MeToo age, he deserves to die.

People have received homours having done much worse.

I loved his comment "I don't give a toss what they think".

Is that the guy who hit his spouse in 1993? I heard something about this very briefly this morning, if it's him then yes it's fine, he can't be condemned for an eternity because of one mistake, look how long ago that was.

• Mr Sceptic

He’s knighted for his cricket career. Look how long ago that was.