What side is Left/Right?

On a 2004 Mazda 6, 3.0l engine, what side is considered the front/rear , left/right. I know cylinders 1-3 is on firewall and 4-6 etc..

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The drivebelts location can tell you that. The drive belts would be at the front of the engine. It's transverse mounted, so if the belts are on the right side of the engine bay, the right side of the engine is facing the firewall; If the belts are facing the left, the right side is of the engine is facing the back of the radiator.

• 3 months ago

The drivers side is the left. I think you're smart enough to know what the front and rear of the vehicle is!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Left and right engine heads are when you are looking at the front of the engine where the drive belt is.

Passenger side (engine belt) where the right bank is toward the grill and left bank will be firewall side.

• Eddie3 months agoReport

Just to confirm, the left side is closest to the firewall(bank 1) and right side is closest to radiator(bank 2). Reason for asking is that I bought cam sensors and I do believe I installed them on the wrong sides. Thanks

• 3 months ago

If you are asking about the engine, an engine orientation is always referenced from the front of the engine where the harmonic balancer is. Regardless of the orientation of the engine in the vehicle whether it is mounted straight in or sideways.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's from the perspective of sitting inside the vehicle looking forward, not standing in front of the vehicle and looking at it

I know the right side of car is the passenger side. Let me ask this another way, on the vehicle are cylinders 1,2,3 on the right or Left side of the ENGINE. Are cylinders 4,5,6 on the left or right side of the ENGINE.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Left and right sides of a vehicle are always determined from the driver's point of view.

• Rick
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

It's as if you were sitting IN the drivers seat ......................

The vehicle engine is sideways. Bank 1 is what side. Bank 2 is what side

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.