desi asked in PetsReptiles · 9 months ago

Two house geckos I’ve caught myself.?

They are super tiny, I love lizards and I looked up how to keep them and it seemed very easy! But, I can’t seem to find what they want to eat. I found them a calcium powder with all their nutrients from fruit but I don’t even know if they are taking any of it, i dont think so. I just lay it for them on their little pirate ornament. They come out just fine during the night like they should but I’ve fed them meal warms and crickets but as I feared they are just too big for them. They are super tiny, and i dont know what food to give them to eat 🥺 I’ve gotten wingless fruit flies but I don’t think I have any ready to give them yet although I’ve already put a few in their enclosure not knowing that they still haven’t became adult yet. I feel they should honestly be done by now as it’s been a week or so but I got it from petsmart. I dont know what to feed them any more, I’m at such a loss 😭

you should release them back into their natural habitat

Wild born lizards belong in the wild.

Let them go.

Try fruit flies you can get at many pet stores. They will eat pinhead crickets too, or even roach nymphs.

About any soft insect not much in length than the width of their eyes they do fine with.

When they get older, meal worms/wax worms and crickets are a favorite.

• PAMELA

let them go free then,they are not pets and if you keep them they will die.

Geckos are insectivorous. They eat small flying insects such as mosquitoes and the like.