Ian
Ian asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 10 months ago

If a Labour Prime Minister were behaving like a dictator - like BORIS JOHNSON is - would the media say something?

like they're saying NOTHING about BORIS JOHNSON behaving like a dictator!

I hope labour doesn't win any any upcoming election. Let the torys screw over the country so much so when we start protesting we could just riot and rip them apart.

Labour is anti Semitic

Brexit has been dragging on too long so we need a strong minded PM and if that makes him a dictator so be it. The public decision must be upheld and those who oppose it are traitors to democracy so they are every bit as guilty of being branded dictators.... or dicks for short!

PS.... Gerald, I suspect you of being a savage!

• Lv 5

Hitler put six million people back to work in four years and ended starvation, banned vivisection of animals and introduced the 40 hour week with paid holidays and the Nazis were the first to link smoking with lung cancer. They also introduced environment conservation. So, yes, I would be happy.

If a Labour Prime Minister were even elected, whatever he / she tried to do, the evil five would attack with massive and nasty headlines. That is the way of the Tory media.

NB: 11/07/19

Read the headlines today - the evil five have already started on Corbyn.

It is so that I am no fan of the guy, indeed I think he is even worse that BoJo (if that could be possible), however, how can we have a democracy when the five most 'popular' newspapers are evil liars.

• Biff

If a Labour prime minister were intent on implementing something with major consequences in away that scores of opinion polls and voting in a general election had shown was not the way the people wanted it done; if that prime minister prorogued parliament to stifle debate on what he was intending and; if that prime minister signalled he would defy a law passed by parliament to stop him doing what the people didn't want, the newspaper front pages would be screaming condemnation.

Dictator????? All I am seeing is 3 Stooges on BOTH sides.

They'd be calling for bloody revolt! The gammon hordes of semi-senile Mail and Express readers would be urged to storm Parliament backed by the motorised divisions of white van driving, hairy-arsed, boIIocks-for-brains f*ckwits who look at the pictures in the Sun!

Expect the Tory press to be as equally duplicitous as the Tory "government"!

Bojo is trying to implement a referendum and for that he is a dictator. Go figure.

• gerald

I have told you every bastion of democracy is being destroyed Bercow is hounded out 21 MPs Johnson and Farage will team up look after yourself I warn you bad times are coming I am serious this place is A nut house people like Dianne on here blatantly a terrorist talking of savages and getting rid of them all look after yourself

• Jack H

They would slaughter him/Her...