promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
michael asked in SportsMartial Arts · 9 months ago

my jujitsu instructor tested me back in mid april for my yellow belt, now im testing for orange on september 28th?

thats almost 6 months time apart. is that a to fast of promotion time or is that good? he also told a student who asked about promotions and responded with " i want you guys to learn how to fight,promotions and practicing with the testing sheets will come" is that a good thing a legit jujitsu instructor would say?

Update:

since he said he wants us to learn to fight more importantlythen testing,does that mean hes not just after the money?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Belt Colours are Arbitrary awards by the Instructor.

Mostly a way to keep students in the class (paying the fees).

What do you really know that you did not before?

How are you demonstrating your ability as an improvement from six months before.

Enjoy the Social activity, take what you can get.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

Good Luck, and have fun, enjoy the classes

Attachment image
  • Bon
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

If he is pushing you to take the rank test, then this is a sign that your school is a McDojo. Take a good honest look at your school. Do you see a lot of high ranking belts who do not seem to be any significantly better in terms of skills? If you remove the belts and compare 2 students (one from a lower rank and one from a higher rank) could you actually see a difference in their skills?

If not, then you should find another school.

• 9 months ago

I used to get promoted each semester back in college. That's good keep it up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

the bjj school i used to go to they would let you get to blue belt just by having good attendence. after that you can no longer rank up without competing in tournament.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

My school i train at does similar. Only thing is no one usually passes on first try. Mainly on upper belts. Lower bflts usually 1st try.

Depends on structure of school. Each one is different.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

you might get a promotion later on

• Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

interesting answer; also,depends on what specific techniques & skill required for the level, & depends on how many kyu levels: if theres an orange blt included,theres apparently eight to ten, or even more levels if place has 'stripes': so,with reasonable skills development,five months is rather long

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.