My jujitsu instructor tested me back in mid april for my yellow belt, now im testing for orange on september 28th?

thats almost 6 months time apart. is that a to fast of promotion time or is that good? he also told a student who asked about promotions and responded with " i want you guys to learn how to fight,promotions and practicing with the testing sheets will come" is that a good thing a legit jujitsu... show more thats almost 6 months time apart. is that a to fast of promotion time or is that good? he also told a student who asked about promotions and responded with " i want you guys to learn how to fight,promotions and practicing with the testing sheets will come" is that a good thing a legit jujitsu instructor would say?
Update: since he said he wants us to learn to fight more importantlythen testing,does that mean hes not just after the money?