Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 6 months ago

I have not taken vaccines as my parents won't allow me, but I do take over-the-counter medicine. How can I shake a small case of Influenza?

• Layne

I have had enough medications to last a lifetime. I have had no problems with the flu.

Influenza is a virus and there's no vaccine for it. So you just treat the symptoms and try to stay as comfortable as possible while you have it. Get plenty of sleep.

• Hannah

Yeah there is one for it....according to the CDC, the yearly flu vaccine protects against Influenza Types A and B.

• Zirp

sit it out.... there is no "silver bullet" that will make you "shake it" in hours or days

• Retief

Nothing you can do but treat the symptoms (cold and flu medicines).

But monitor your condition, since without the vaccine it could be a worse case than it might otherwise be and you might need hospitalization.

How do you know it’s flu? In any event, the same holds for all viruses, rest, hydration, nutrition, symptom relief