Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballScottish Football · 3 months ago

My name is Abimbola Amer , I am of Egyptian decent although born here in Scotland I am treat like a foreigner in my home town , WHY?

Julie I would to take you for a neallove

Meal

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

Everyone is a citizen of the nation where they were born. That is a fact of life. So if they choose not to accept you that is there problem not yours. If you were born there you are Scotish

• .3 months agoReport

Actually you are wrong. This happens only in countries in which there is Ius Soli, as in the USA. But in most of the countries in Europe, there isn’t Ius Soli.

Depends how politically correct you want to be. like you said you from Egyptian decent. Your parents weren’t born here so you more or less have Egyptian blood.

Does your name sound Scottish ?

Mackenzie, Frazier. Me thinks not.

Do you have pale skin ?

Do you dress like a scot in a kilt , get drunk, brawl on the streets?

Force your women to dress as a tent?

Not speak Scottish ?

Eat foreign smelly food?

So what on earth here makes you remotely Scottish. You are not even European! You and your generations will always be foreign!

A pak in scotland,never mind,in your next life you could end up in Syria

Do you wear kilts, eat haggis, drink wisky/uisgebah ? do you try to assimulate or do you act like foreigner?

Attend mosque pray upteem times a day.. Never drink.. Gamble or eat bacon... Cruelty to animals by slitting their throats....don't assimilate with the locals...

I can't think why they treat u like a forienger can u

maybe you need to ask them this question

It’s not a good idea to tell everybody your name on Yahoo. Anyway, maybe they see you as a foreigner because of your skin color or maybe if you live in a small town, there aren’t a lot of foreigner, so if they see someone with a different name they immediately think you are a foreigner. Instead if you lived in London, where there are thousands of foreigners, they would probably see you as British, since you are born in UK. Or maybe they are only stupid!

— change the category, your question is in “Scottish football”.

Probably because you look like a foreigner. Nobody who looks at you knows that you were born in Scotland. Do you speak with a foreign accent? Have you thought about changing your name to something that is more Scottish and less Egyptian?