Can I put the borough name in an address?

Like if I was sending something to The Victoria pub in Dalston, can I put the address as: 451 Queensbridge Road Dalston Hackney London E8 3AS Or if The Bald Faced Stag in East Finchley: 69 High Road East Finchley Barnet London N2 8AB Or even The Victoria in Surbiton: 28 Victoria Road Surbiton Kingston Upon... show more Like if I was sending something to The Victoria pub in Dalston, can I put the address as:

451 Queensbridge Road
Dalston
Hackney
London
E8 3AS

Or if The Bald Faced Stag in East Finchley:

69 High Road
East Finchley
Barnet
London
N2 8AB

Or even The Victoria in Surbiton:

28 Victoria Road
Surbiton
Kingston Upon Thames
London
KT6 4JT

It just seems addresses in London (and the wider UK) make no sense at all! Like addresses in NYC use Brooklyn, Bronx etc. and addresses in Tokyo always have the Ku, Shinjuku-ku, Shibuya-ku etc. I think London addresses should officially include the borough, but I never really see it!
Update: They don't make sense because they are not sticking to geography. Other countries (like the USA or Japan) have addresses that line up with their administrative divisions. Here it is just a random mess.
Update 2: And Catherine Kingston Upon Thames IS London. As it is a London borough!
Update 3: And finally, I do not mind if it takes longer. I will write addresses as I believe they should be written. i.e. if somewhere is in a London borough I will write London in the address (and the borough name) as it is IN London!