how does wd/support get my info?

all i did was fill out a complaint wit my hard drive of course my email. i didnt giv my full name. man im pissed. i get an email bak them giving my full name n that my hard drive was registered. i never registered anything. wat can i do wit these hackers?

They got it from the seller!

• Adrian

If you bought the HDD from some online store, it is entirely possible they registered your information when it was "sold" to validate the warranty. Whoever sold it (store) has your name and address of course....

• fdg_rebel9 months agoReport

it was sum dude from ebay. but he bought it from amazon lol cuz the box had another label on it looks like an old one n it was amazon then his name

Google search what info you did give, and see what comes up. Might surprise you how much can be found out.

If you complain too much to management at WD, you might find some dark colored Escalades or Suburbans and guys in dark suits with sunglasses on parked in your driveway. Good luck.

• Pete L

They aren't hackers, YOU gave them YOUR details!