Asking for a 2nd time — What Colors should I do for Gender Reveals (when it comes to Twins)?

Here are some things about my husband & I.....

• graduated high school & college

• dated over 3 yrs

• lived together (at apartments) over 2 yrs & live together in our 1st house for over a yr

• were engaged for a yr & got married 2 weeks ago

• are both almost 30 yrs old

.....I am only saying this because I had asked this question once before. I got a rude, smarta** answer from “Kangaroo” who said “When you grow up the answer will become clear. For now, stay in school & worry about your exams.”

——————————

I need opinions on colors when it comes to twins. I don’t want to do seperate reveals for each baby. Here is what I came up with so far...

1st Time:

• Boy = Blue

• Twin Boys = Green (it seemed like a “masculine” color to me and made me think of dinosaurs, lol)

• Both = Purple (blue and pink together make a shade of this)

• Twin Girls = Yellow (it seemed like a “feminine” color to me)

• Girl = Pink

2nd Time:

• Boy = Blue

• Twin Boys = Yellow (it rhymes with “fellow”, and some guys are called “fellows”)

• Both = Green (makes me think of “2 peas in a pod”, lol)

• Twin Girls = Purple (I’ve seen a lot of “princess” things in this before)

• Girl = Pink

...so, what colors do you think that I should use? It can be any color, but I don’t want use different shades of blue/pink”. I want completely different colors when it comes to twins.

Boy = Blue

Twin Boys = ???

Both = ???

Twin Girls = ???

Girl = Pink

Please & Thank You!

• Ocimom

Why not just skip the silly "gender reveals" and let God decide what you will have?

• John P

Just remember that gender-reveal parties are quite recent. only in the last decade or two has it been possible to know the gender of the baby before birth. When our three were born in the late 1970s we had no idea before birth what they would be (girl, boy, girl, as it happened).

What does any of that have to do with gender reveal parties? Twins? Identical or fraternal? Girl and boy? For identical boys, I would do sage green and chocolate brown, more green than brown on one and vice versa. For girl and boy, I would do beige and teal, just in varying amounts. For two girls, fuchsia and purple.

• GEEGEE

Pink and blue, in what ever combo required. Yellow rhymes with fellow? Yes it does, but no one at the party will make that connection. Pink and blue are the colors people associate with gender and the other colors are considered "neutral".

• Jose

IMO, gender reveals are pretty lame.

I'm a twin. How about not doing a gender reveal? However, if you feel you must, then how about doing one after the other? Like, use a pink cannon, and then a minute later have a second one fire.

If you use different colors, it will just confuse people.

But really, all of this is extremely silly. Just have a party if you want one, or wait and have a baby shower and have that be it.

If a person is going to have a gender reveal party, pink for a girl and blue for a boy are the only things anyone will recognize.

When our girls were born, we called friends and family and said, "it's girl" each time.

It worked out really well. : )

There are no such things as colours for gender. The whole idea was a marketing ploy in the 1950s.

• helene

You only got the one answer because, unfortunately for you, Yahoo went down for most of the world for a couple of days. I did TRY to reply. Here's what I wanted to say.

You need to use PINK and BLUE.

The only reason these gender reveal events work at all is because they use visual symbols that are immediately recognized by nearly everyone in the culture. It has to be something you know AT FIRST SIGHT, and we simply do not have color symbols for twins. If every guest needs a color key to figure it out, you've put them all back in elementary school, unprepared for a test. They will feel irritated or foolish without knowing why. You do not want to make guests feel that way.

In the unlikely event that you have twins, maybe you can put together ONE volcano that erupts colored lava from two places.

If you use other colors like yellow or green or purple then you will need to pass around some kind of color key code and would likely confuse older guests. Great grandma isn't going to understand that purple streamers meant one of each. (or whatever.)

The answer seems simple to me. Pick a method of reveal that allows the use of more than one color.

If both babies are boys - then only the color blue comes out.

If both babies are girls - then only the color pink comes out.

If one of each - then both colors come out.

A tube of streamers could be loaded with both colors.

A confetti cannon could be loaded with both colors.

Even balloons released out of a dark bag could be done in all one color or mixed of both colors.

You are really over complicating this by trying to be "unique" and you are just going to end up with confused guests.