How to delete temporary files for window10?

My system performance is getting down and some experts says to delete temporary files from system. Now I am wondering where I an find it. Any help

Open File Explorer, then right click on the drive (C:) and select Properties from the pop-up menu.

In the Properties window that should appear, click on Disk Cleanup. When it finishes the first scan, look for the the option to clean up system files. When that scan finishes, look at the list of areas for cleaning, and tick or untick sections as you see as appropriate. Click OK and then confirm that you want the files deleting.

Windows 'knows' what is safe to delete.

If you need more space, then programs such as Ccleaner can be downloaded and installed. Be careful with the installer. Make sure you set any options in the download and install correctly or you may end up with junk software as well as Ccleaner being installed.

You can repeat Disk Cleanup on other drives if you have them, but apart from the recycle bin, other drives do not tend to accumulate as much junk.

Once you have removed the junk, if it is a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) and not a Solid State Device (SSD), then consider defragmenting the drive. Don't defragment and SSD. Instead, optimise SSDs, which should improve their write performance.

Run the tool "dfrgui.exe". This should correctly identify your drives as HDDs or SSDs and allow you to defragment the HDDs and optimise (trim) SSDs to get the best performance from your system. Only do this after removing the junk files.

• Rahman6 months agoReport

Thank you as your's is matching with this guy  https://www.humawaz.pk/featured/delete-windows-temporary-files/

It worked, Thanks

Would not go there. However look at the last couple of programs you did download and install. I had my pc almost CRAWL ALONG. all of a sudden. Did not know why. My web browsers were IE, Firefox, GoogleChrome and UC web browser (which is out of China) I found that by eliminating UC(uninstalling it completely) computer speed returned to normal. It got an update automatically into the computer that just fawked it up completely.

So , if you got something odd like that(I know Opera is safe). It was UC.

Windows 10 has a program within it that self deletes temp files if there is too many of them and they are causing the problem. Otherwise it maintains itself pretty well.

Type Windows+R. It should pop up a box called "Run." In the text box, type "%temp%" in there. It will open a folder. Those are temporary files, and you can safely delete them.

If you choose to defragment your drive just be careful you do not have an SSD or you will ruin the hard drive. If you have a regular hdd then it is fine.

dont mess with em.. just leave em alone. trust me. its better for the computer

• Ivanex

users -> [the user you are using] ->AppData -> Local -> temp

and delet everything

Temporary files are located in %temp%

1. Run the Run App

2. Type %temp%

3. Delete everything that is inside

If this didnt help then no idea what solution you are expecting

• Fred

Use CCleaner. Get it from www.piriform.com

The benefit of CCleaner is that it is not too aggressive. I have never heard of a problem caused by CCleaner.

• Not

I don't know windows 10, but I guess they still have regedit.exe, you should be able to open it by searching for it or through the keyboard shortcut win key + r. More than that I don't know.