What would you do if the engine went out on jeep? You pay $2-3000 for an engine and also pay your monthly payments or???

The jeep engine went out and the dealership to you to pay $2-3000 on the engine and also make monthly payments because you still are making monthly payments and would you fix the engine $2-3000 and make monthly payments or let it go? And this is on your credit.

• Bill

These are two separate options with no correlation.

You continue to make the monthly payment as specified in your contract. Failure to do so, for whatever reason, will mean the loss of the Jeep and greatly reduced ability to borrow for its replacement.

Its your Jeep and what you intend to do about the engine is your decision. There may be a warranty for manufacturer defects but that will not pay for repairs due to use or abuse. You decide if worth fixing and if so, who will do it- dealer or independent or yourself, and how you will pay for it. Might even sell it as-is with a blown engine or park it until you have the money and decide. No one can make that decision for you.

In my opinion, a $2-3,000 engine repair at a dealer is not indicative of a major issue.

But whatever you decide, you still owe on the loan.

• Bella3 months agoReport

Yes still owe on the loan. They keep giving me the runaround and now says 500 new engine. Which I doubt that.

Did the dealer have a warranty on it? Should have had one for 3 years.

• Bella3 months agoReport

I looked through my papers its not warranty and now they say the insurance isn't full coverage. They can't give me any loan car. When they first said yes and now say no. Saying new engine is 5000 and I doubt that. It's a 2012

It's entirely a matter of how much money you make. We all make different amounts so we will have different answers.

Me personally I wouldn't. I buy used cars outright for a reasonable price and fix them up. My truck was 5 grand, and then I have to spend about another five grand to fix the problems that came up. New transmission, breaks, and other things. It's been five years now and so far I've only spent ten thousand. And it's running strong so no cost out of pocket going on three years now. You gotta figure out what's best for you. I don't pay anything, but if something breaks I gotta handle it. In the long run I think I'm saving alot of money though, it's just a hassle to deal with sometimes. But hell the engine went out on that.. So you got a junker WITH monthly payments? You are getting screwed I guess. Your call man, my option isn't cheap and requires large sums of payments a time. But once it's done you don't pay sh*t and that does feel pretty good.

• Bella3 months agoReport

Yes, its try what you say. It's the problem that it's on my credit.

Letting it go would ensure 7 years bad credit. And can you even finance the repair?

• Bella3 months agoReport

Yes, it's on my credit And then pays monthly payments and insurance and repair it on my own. They give me the runaround and now she says its 5000 for engine on 2013 jeep. Its awful.