Why am I not getting any display from my pc to monitor?

So i removed my gpu and psu to install in a new pc, and replaced the psu with another 500w (higher than original). There is no longer a gpu in the pc. It starts up fine and my monitor detects there is something connected but i get no display. The computer worked fine before i replaced the psu. What could be causing this?

Things i ve tried:

1.Reconnecting all parts

2.Replacing SATA and VGA cables

3.Replacing ram

4.New monitor

5.Removing CMOS and resetting bios

6.Added a different gpu

The only thing im thinking could be the display is trying to read from the gpu that i removed instead of the mobo.

In some motherboards there is a BIOS that determines what is to be the primary source of graphics. Some let you switch from the PCI-e first slot to the on board GPU or back. You must do this in the BIOS editing before the OS is loaded and a driver is run for whatever GPU that you used to have in a PCI-e slot.

Just a guess since you give so few details like brand names, model numbers, connection ports and cables.

is the monitor trying to read form a port type that no longer is in use? example: your gpu used an HMDI port and the integrated apu uses a DVI-D port. Monitors are dumb ... you have to manually tell them what type of input to expect -- this uses the buttons usually found under the lower right edge

• David

What is the model of motherboard and processor? the obvious question is does your motherboard/CPU have onboard graphics? just because there is a VGA header doesn't always mean there is onboard graphics

I would strip everything out including the motherboard and then test out of the box with the bare minimum. One stick of RAM, connect the PSU and onboard graphics. Boot the system by bridging the start header pins. You should get a BIOS display.

• Pete L

FFS! What do you think the GPU is for! If you've removed it the computer can't display anything!

Please tell me you aren't really THAT stupid!

• Sean9 months agoReport

There are integrated graphics on a system board ran by the CPU when there is no other graphics cards installed. Please tell me you're not THAT stupid.