Does Europe not have these products (conditioner, artificial sweetner, etc)?

Moved to Europe about a month ago and I can't find a big market for any of these things. Am I blind? Or is it just the area I'm in? Or... heaven forbid... is all of Europe like this?

Artificial sweeteners. I used to buy the gallon sized (4L) bags of slpenda/stevia at the store, and now I'm paying 6e for a couple sticks of the stuff. I don't see them available at coffee shops either often.

Hair conditioner. There's some, but not nearly as much as shampoo. Does everyone use it? No one?

Frosting. Pre-made. In the mug sized containers? Can't find any :(

Powdered peanut butter.

Wondering if I should search harder or order online. Please an thanks :)

• W

Yes. You are blind. They can be had in any supermarket that sells personal care products and baking supplies.

Depends on where in Europe you are, but I'm sure we wouldn't find a lot of our locally preferred products in mainstream US stores, either.

Also, add some honey instead of artificial sweeteners.

• Orla C

I don't know about artificial sweeteners, I have learned to live without them.

What do you mean, you can't find hair conditioner? Maybe you don't know the local words for 'conditioner'. I can assure you that for every type and brand of shampoo, there's a conditioner.

Pre-made frosting? Never seen it. But it's not difficult to make.

Powdered peanut butter? Really? There's such a thing? You can get the real deal instead.

Where in Europe are you?

And what do you use that amount of artificial sweeteners for? Do you bake with it?

Here in Denmark, I think the biggest bag of artificial sweeteners I've seen was 500 gram and that was in an online store. In the supermarket, I don't think I've seen anything larger than 250 gram, but then it's mostly used in coffee and tea, and even then by very few. I know just one person who use it. For baking we use sugar. I think the general mentality is: "Use sugar, but eat less." Also, we do tend to make many things from scratch.

Hair conditioner is about a 50-50 ratio to shampoo, maybe slightly less.

Pre-made frosting. Nope, never seen it here. Didn't even know it existed. I always make my own frosting when I need it. Frosting is not that big a thing here (Despite what Trish Regan seems to think about Denmark and cupcake shops).

Powdered peanut butter, never heard of that either. Peanut butter is not that big here. I think I've bought it once in the past 10 years and I know many of my friends won't touch the stuff, some because they don't like it, some, like me, are thinking: If I'm going to scarf down that many calories in a spread, I'd rather eat Nutella. https://satwcomic.com/a-trip-into-american-culture...

I will say, by knowing many expats, that if you can't find something, ask the locals. I've had expat friends think something couldn't be found, because they didn't recognize it in the shops (maybe a different packaging and/or a different name) or when they asked for something in Danish, they maybe used Google translate and didn't think about the English word meaning two different things and Google translate showed just one of these, so when they went to the shop, they were shown the wrong item.

• DONALD B10 months agoReport

Are you aware that some sweetners are worse for your health than sugar, especially aspartame. Be careful. And, for me, peanut butter is horrible. :)

maybe youre looking in the wrong place, you could try amazon since they sell everything

No because beer is not mixed with food

• J

We have cartons of sweetener satchets in UK. One brand my wife has is called " Truvia".

Peanut butter, only as a paste.

Plenty of hair products.

No idea what frosting is........

They have all the typical hair products but they try to be healthier than artificial sweeteners.