Planet Hollywood vs Paris Las Vegas Hotel?

My boyfriend and I are planning a December trip before Christmas. We are both freshly 21, and want to spend some time gambling. We don't care about the pool since we won't be using it. My main focus is the hotel room since we can do pretty much everything else anywhere else on the strip. I narrowed it down... show more My boyfriend and I are planning a December trip before Christmas. We are both freshly 21, and want to spend some time gambling. We don't care about the pool since we won't be using it. My main focus is the hotel room since we can do pretty much everything else anywhere else on the strip. I narrowed it down to these two because they are both very similar on the reviews and are basically center strip and same price range. Please let me know pros and cons of both hotels and any advice/things to do for a first-time in Vegas couple.
Side note: my boyfriend and I really like the Paris hotel (restaurants and a piano bar!!!), but I've heard that it has a horrible cigarette stench. As for the Planet Hollywood hotel, nothing really stands out to me but I've heard the rooms are all newly renovated.