jack asked in SportsCycling · 3 months ago

you can bike 5 miles in 25 minutes,how many miles can you bike in 3 hours and 10 minutes?(show answer)?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • pmt853
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

That rather depends on how many stops I make to take photos, have a coffee and a cake or a beer, or just to admire the view and have a chat with mates. Traffic lights and hills also slow me down as do head winds.

• 3 months ago

OK this is a homework question. So 5 miiles in 25 minutes, so thats 1 mile in 5 minutes (20 mph). So 20 x 3 = 60 and add 2 miles for the ten minutes should be 62 miles (Seriously if you can average 62 miles in just over 3 hrs you should be in LeTour next year).

Here is a more realistic look at the situation You start off and manage 1 mile in 5 minutes, as the terain is slightly downhill and you have the wind behind you. However, after 25 minutes you come to a 10% gradient hill and your progress drops to about 6 mph for the next 20 minutes. After stopping for some water at the top, you set off on the flat at 18 mph for another 17 minutes, before hitting a slight uphill rise that slows you to 14 mph.

After three hours in the saddle you have gotten into a rhythm, but are still averaging about 14 mph. So you decide to stop for cake. Four and a half hours later you complete your run of 62 miles (Its a 100k charity jobbie) where you make use of the tea and cake facilities of the check in venue where you swap war stories with other riders.

• 3 months ago

As stated if it is a math question is FAR different than the reality of riding. The rise and fall of the terrain have a tremendous impact on distance. The wind direction also has a great effect of the distance you can ride.

Soccerref

• 3 months ago

It depends of the terrain and your physical endurance to last but I assume you could ride 31 miles

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Going that slow you would likely fall off.

• 3 months ago

You posted a MATH question in the Cycling section where questions are answered about bicycles. You relied on YA to post the question for you instead of doing it yourself. Use the edit icon to move your question to the Science & Mathematics>>Mathematics section.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.
  • 3 months ago

38 miles if your legs don't get too sore.

• Henry
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

No, I can't. None, I don't bike.

• God
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

convert 3hr 1omin to min. 3 x 60 + 10 = 190 min

5 miles/25 min = x miles/190 min

x = 5 x 190/25 = 38 miles

• Mtrlpqbiker
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Real humans get tired. This answer does not reflect the real world. You should tell your teacher that the question is stupid and that asking questions about real world conditions makes little sense, unless of course you were too lazy to try to figure out the expected answer yourself

• Brian
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Sorry, I don't do homework.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.