I just bought this 50 feet hdmi cable... but it doesnt seem work?

I know how to use a hdmi cable... its a simple plug and play no installation. About 5 hours ago I was using a simple 2 feet hdmi cable for my pc to tv, and it was working fine, then I changed my setup (where the computer is placed, further away from the tv) and decided to use walmarts 50 ft long hdmi cable. The... show more I know how to use a hdmi cable... its a simple plug and play no installation.

About 5 hours ago I was using a simple 2 feet hdmi cable for my pc to tv, and it was working fine, then I changed my setup (where the computer is placed, further away from the tv) and decided to use walmarts 50 ft long hdmi cable. The TV recognizes it in terms of the slot is selectable but my computer clearly isnt on showing extended screen..

Im about to go back to walmart and replace this tomorrow, but I wanna know if basically a waste of time or not.. I hope to get an answer here, as it will help on the decision of whether replace or return...