Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationAmusement Parks · 9 months ago

What can I do to get rid of bad motion sickness?

My girlfriend wants me to go with her to cedar point. And I have not told her but I have not rode any rides for years. Ever sense I was a kid until this day every ride I went on I got sick instantly so I quit trying years ago. I even get sick being in the car or airplane. It seems as though the only ride I can go on without getting sick is the ferris wheel but it would be foolish to spend money to go to cedar point and just ride that. Its not so much that i’m scared, rather I just know if I ride it I will get sick right after

Eat ginger/ginger candy. It definitely helps whenever I'm feeling nauseous in general.

• W

If you have astigmatism, it can contribute. Trying closing your eyes. Some people can't ride backwards.

If you barf anyway, then it's something else. Make sure your GF videos it and puts it on YouTube.

• drip

You could try Dramamine and Seaband together as MS posted.

But you will never know if it will help you or not when riding in rollercoasters.

Give them a try before hand

They help me, but I still can’t go on rides all day long. Two or three rides that go in circles and I am done

• MS

My husband gets motion sick very easily. When we took a family trip to Universal, he took the ginger-based Dramamine (non-drowsy) AND used Seabands. He felt a little queasy once or twice, but didn't have any signfiicant problems, which was very unusual for him.

Time to find a different girlfriend

Sometimes you have to just play through the pain.

Of course, why torture yourself when there's Dramamine, and many other medicines that reduce motion sickness?

If you've already told her about your motion sickness, you could take the medicine and pretend you went on all the rides just fine. It'll really impress her.