would you like to travel to Beirut?

I have been in Beirut. It's a lovely city and I enjoyed it, but I have never felt so close to death as when I was riding in a taxi in Beirut! Cars came within inches of the passenger side door where I was sitting. BUT walking around, we had a great time. The people were lovely and the food was wonderful.

Lebanese food is said to be very good, as are the people - I'd want to know how safe it is - to any of you who have been there how safe is it?

• sara2 months agoReport

Beirut (lebanon) is very safe and touristic activity is very active esp in summer and winter ski-season. Cities like beirut zahle baalbek and tyre are full with tourists and bey nightlife is as active as it could get. I def recommend visiting just keep away from tripoly and the suburbs like dahie.

• Betty

No thanks...there are many more places I would like to visit...

• Yes

Yeah, I would love to, that sounds nice.

Yes, but only if I can go back to before the Lebanese civil war and visit then.

• Ludwig

No it is too expensive and the traffic is crazy. Try up in the hills a bit. Baalbek is cool.

(Forget the ski resorts. You can't afford them. You really can't afford them...)

• Ludwig

Yes, it is fine. But they really do drive like lunatics.

• Stan

If its a return flight I don't mind.

• .

What ever for??

sure, as long as someone paid my ticket since i cant afford it

• Kyle

i wouldn't be against it.