Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsOther - Visual Arts · 3 months ago

What jobs are there for artists?

So for painters, sculptors, writers and such, what jobs are there available? I ve seen lots of graphic designer things and digital art but what else is there? I m not looking for a job, but considering the future. I m not sure how well just making and selling art does these days, so just considering the options.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • mars
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In big cities (eg New York) top art curators, display stylists, and ad art designers can make $100K/yr or more.

• 3 months ago

It's easier to make art than it is to sell it. Selling art requires promotion, whether that is through a gallery, an agent or by buying advertising space on a search engine.

There's an advantage to taking a course in graphic arts, and that is the contacts you make in class. Otherwise, pursuing a career in art is more safely left to people who can live on a trust fund.

• 3 months ago

Plenty of artists are independent, doing their own work for sale.

ANY drawn image in magazines, booklets, books, etc. is done by an artist. There are also graphic novels, comics, comic strips, cartooning, rubber stamp design, logos, etc. etc. etc.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Fast food, janitorial services, house keeping for hotels.........

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

You fool !

You don’t study art for the money you can earn

You study art because you have to

Because you want to put your talents to use in the art community

And you want to contribute to the culture of making good art

Geeezz!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.