Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 3 months ago

Poker Hand Questions?

I had pocket kings in my hand and my opponent, had formed a 10 pair from the river card. Who would win that hand? There were no kings out of the five cards. Just the pocket kings I had in my hand.

Without knowing the EXACT CARDS... it's a bit difficult to provide a DEFINITIVE ANSWER on who will win, but order of judgement (to determine the winner) for a 5-card hand out of the 7 cards available (2 hold + 5 community) is:

1) Best Hand Set

2) Highest Card in Set

3) Second Highest Card in Set (if applicable)

4) Highest Card Out of Set

If no winner is determined after this, a split pot is declared.

As you mentioned...

Player A) Pair of Kings (K K ? ? ?)

Player B) Pair of 10's (X X ? ? ?)

The Winner would be Player A. While both players have one pair, Kings would be the highest card in-set.

Gjxbfh fhfhg gjchgg ghcbv

only time will tell, you'll just have to wait and see

A pair of Kings beats a pair of tens (you aren't getting too far in poker without knowing that).

But you didn't say what the other cards were, perhaps the other guy got a straight or a flush... if you know what those are.

• LegFuJohnson

So you know the hand rankings, but don't know how to play Texas Hold 'em, I guess. Of course the two kings count. You make the best poker hand (5 cards) out of the 7 cards available to you.

• JetDoc

A pair of Kings beats a pair of 10s any time.

• DEBS

There are many types of poker. Assuming you're playing Texas Holdem (like you see on TV often), then you take your 5 best cards. Period. It could be 2 from your hand and 3 of the up cards. It could be all 5 up cards. What would be the point of having pocket cards if you couldn't use them?