promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the fastest way to get to Disney World's Hollywood Studios for rope drop if you are NOT staying on property?

We are going to Disney World about a week after the exhibit opens and don't want to spend forever in line. They are not offering Fast Passes.

I was looking at trying to park at one of the resort hotels nearest to the entrance. Thoughts?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Parking at a resort will not help you get there any faster. Just arrive at the Hollywood Studios parking lot as early as you can, and get yourself to the front gates well in advance of opening. People are lined up for rope drop HOURS before when there is a big attraction that has just opened, so you can expect big crowds.

There are no resorts that are easily walkable to HS. You'd have to take a bus from one of them, and the buses are likely to be crowded with hotel guests. There's a chance you'd have to wait for a few to pass before you could get on.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • drip
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You park at Hollywood Studio parking lot or at the TTC parking lot. And get to the park before the gates open.

Resort guest’s Disney bands prove they are staying at a resort when scanned. You will not be allowed into any early Magic hour unless you are staying at a Disney resort.

No resort is close enough to walk to the gate, so you will need to wait for a bus, IF you are even allowed to park at a resort, to take your to Hollywood Studios.

I don’t see how parking at a resort is in anyway an advantage to you.

• ...Show all comments
    • drip
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

If you don’t want to use a bus or monorail park at the HS parking lot. You will need to use the HS parking tram from the gate.

• 9 months ago

Parking at a Disney hotel will do you no good. People who stay there have that noted on their magic bands, which must be scanned for entry.

The best you can do is show up before regular opening time and hope the Disney hotel guests are sleeping in.

• 9 months ago

I guess I don’t understand the problem. Get there an hour before open to allow time to park and to get situated.

Am I missing something that makes it more complicated?

Sofia, is that you under your bridge?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.