What should I do about this classmate?

I’m in school to become a medical assistant. A new girl came into my class so I tried to help get her caught up on the past week. She asked for my number so I could help her so out. But apparently the textbook that is required for that class she can’t afford. It’s only $70 dollars so she thinks she can just use my book the take pictures of every single chapter (at least 15-30 pages long) and she’ll get bye. Well apparently my phone as a nicer camera and she expects me to take every single picture and email them to her. Like she expects me to do everything for her and I try to help out as much as I can but then she had the nerve to ask me to retake 45 pictures because my phone glare was in the way when you could clearly see all the text in the book. I will always help out anyone and I’m very nice but that’s veery disrespectful I think to ask someone to take time out of their schedule at 10 pm at night the night before class to retake and email you 45 pictures because it’s inconvenient for you because my phone glare is in the way. I help because I don’t want any problems in class, but I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

Favorite Answer

Don't reply. She is using you.

u should tell her u do not have time taking pictures and emailing them to her, if she wants to she can always take pictures HERSELF on HER phone at the time convenient FOR U. don't be a pushover, be assertive. like u do not mind her taking pics from your book but u re not going to do it for her

You can say "No," you know. If you want to do it, do it; if you don't, just don't. You don't need excuses.

• Petter

Well, it's quite simple. If you wanna do it, then do it. If you don't want to do it, then don't and make up some excuse, like your phone is broken, grandma is sick or you don't have the time to do it since you have pole dancing lessons to attend or whatever. =)