Why pepole think gay people are effeminate and defenceless? I knew one who not brag about being gay but also said that he not afraid?

I knew one gay man who didn't brag about it, but he wasn't afraid of confrontation because he said he could beat anyone :-) I am Polish, I talked to one gay man who served in our Polish Army, the ban on service for homosexuals was lifted by communists in the 1970s because people pretended to be gay and did... show more I knew one gay man who didn't brag about it, but he wasn't afraid of confrontation because he said he could beat anyone :-)

I am Polish, I talked to one gay man who served in our Polish Army, the ban on service for homosexuals was lifted by communists in the 1970s because people pretended to be gay and did not go to the army.
But this gay guy I talked to is about my age of 33. we did not do anything sexual, just talked in the forum of military enthusiasts, the issue of gays in the army was raised.
This man said that he knew he was gay since he was 13, but that he was always very masculine, even short, no one suspected him of being a "fag" :-)

He said that he always respected the opinion of believers, and that our country Poland was a Christian, Catholic country, although he himself believed that God had abandoned him.

He said that he was not flaunting his homosexuality, but he met another boy who he made friends with, who helped him in science, and it turned out that he was also gay, so they started dating secretly :-)

Then accidentally it turned out that he is gay, they were caught flirting ;-)
Quickly from a popular kid and athlete he was degraded to mockery, one bully wanted to beat him, but he was severely beaten by him and ended up with a damaged skull and broken eyebrow.
Because the other boy not know that he trained karate:)
He said that he was confronted with a juvenile court and suspended student rights, but he was acquitted because it was legal self-defense.
Update: He said that his trainer joked that he should go to the army for a professional soldier, because he trained karate, martial arts, and running :-)
He said that when he was actually called up for military service (National Service was abolished in 2009 in Poland, and then became a professional soldier :-)