Why pepole think gay people are effeminate and defenceless? I knew one who not brag about being gay but also said that he not afraid?

I knew one gay man who didn't brag about it, but he wasn't afraid of confrontation because he said he could beat anyone :-)

I am Polish, I talked to one gay man who served in our Polish Army, the ban on service for homosexuals was lifted by communists in the 1970s because people pretended to be gay and did not go to the army.

But this gay guy I talked to is about my age of 33. we did not do anything sexual, just talked in the forum of military enthusiasts, the issue of gays in the army was raised.

This man said that he knew he was gay since he was 13, but that he was always very masculine, even short, no one suspected him of being a "fag" :-)

He said that he always respected the opinion of believers, and that our country Poland was a Christian, Catholic country, although he himself believed that God had abandoned him.

He said that he was not flaunting his homosexuality, but he met another boy who he made friends with, who helped him in science, and it turned out that he was also gay, so they started dating secretly :-)

Then accidentally it turned out that he is gay, they were caught flirting ;-)

Quickly from a popular kid and athlete he was degraded to mockery, one bully wanted to beat him, but he was severely beaten by him and ended up with a damaged skull and broken eyebrow.

Because the other boy not know that he trained karate:)

He said that he was confronted with a juvenile court and suspended student rights, but he was acquitted because it was legal self-defense.

He said that his trainer joked that he should go to the army for a professional soldier, because he trained karate, martial arts, and running :-)

He said that when he was actually called up for military service (National Service was abolished in 2009 in Poland, and then became a professional soldier :-)

• Sam
    Favorite Answer

The majority of gays are just as you described. They look and act just like any other average person. You wouldn't know they are gay or recognize them for appearance. The only way you would know is if they told you.

The fem gay man is a small minority, equal to the amount of fem straight men. Proportionately there are very few. It is something that is perpetuated by people who do not like gays, right wing religious nuts, or people who think they are being funny. It is similar to saying that all black men have a huge penis, which is also not true.

Because I am gay and single, I have been accused by people of being a womanizer (someone who only has relationships with women for sexual enjoyment). It's people who don't know me very well, because I don't date females and haven't since I was 17 when I dated a couple just to be sure that I'm gay. Yes I could repopulate earth if I absolutely had to, but I'm 100% gay. If I was the only guy alive with a world full of females, I'm sure I would become an alcoholic.

Source(s): Side Note: A lot of guys do become alcoholic because they can't accept themselves being gay, which is sad. Most people start doing drugs for the same reason. Also, when intoxicated it is more acceptable to be touchy feely with guys they are attracted to. "It wasn't anything, we're not gay, we were just drunk" Sure, uh-huh, that's the only reason they had their hands down each others pants, they were drunk. Actually they were doing what they wanted to do because their inhibitions were lower.
  • DP.

In my, limited, experience, in both gay men and gay women, there are the effeminate female types and the macho males types. Curiously, in general when they get a partner, they go for the opposite type and in effect mimmick hetrosexuals (i.e. one that is feminine and one that is masculine).

• Sam

There are some effeminate gays who prefer masculine men, gay or straight. I've found that some effeminate gays don't care if a guy is straight as long as the straight guy doesn't mind them being gay.

The only ones straight people "notice" or assume on sight are gay are effeminate, and so they assume all gay people are effeminate. It's circular logic. There are effeminate straight men (mistaken for gay) and there are macho gay men (mistaken for straight).

• Sam

That is very true, and does explain the gay stereotype that has been attached to all gays.

Stupid homophobic stereotypes.

It's a stereotype. Stereotypes never fit an entire population. Usually, they only fit a small percentage of the population.

Because people like to stereotype and judge others. There are many well protected, resilient gay people and gay people that are manly

The effeminate gay guy is a common stereotype but it's totally inaccurate. Gay guys are just as varied as straight guys. I'm gay but I also hunt, fish, and work armed security. No one ever guesses that I'm gay just from how I live my everyday life.

• Sam

I wouldn't have known you are gay except for your use of a South Park character as your avatar ;) just kidding. The truth is that I wouldn't have known you are gay except that you have told us you are. I love to hunt and fish too, for normal guys who are gay ;)