Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Could you imagine the sad delusional life of an atheist who asserts "Religious belief is responsible for most if not all problems on earth"?

i pitty the poor atheist who has such a twisted and irrational mindset requiring ridiculous assertions

• Brian

Yes...it's kind of like when a child dies from abuse, and someone says that "it must have been a part of God's plan."

• Doc

No I can't. Most I've seen rejoice in their freedom from religion.

It is called scapegoating.

But, suppose, for the sake of argument that religion is evil, and also man made. What would that say about religion's inventors?

The truth is that people do not need God to do evil. People do evil for control, wealth and sex. If anything, religion restrains peoples' darker desires by giving people moral guidelines. And, Christianity, at least, says that murderers go to Hell, not to Heaven. Perhaps you don't like the idea of being threatened with Hell to do good, but it sure is not an incentive to do evil.

• Ey-thee-o-lu-jist

MURDERS DO NOT GO TO HELL. PAUL, DAVID, AND MOSES WERE ALL MURDERERS.

UNREPENTANT SINNERS GO TO HELL.

Well, gee, thanks for the concern. Have a cookie.

I'm not religious and I sometimes agree with atheists, but I dislike atheists who seem so smug about their beliefs. Having a firm belief that there is not a god and pushing it onto others is just as bad as having a firm belief there /is/ a god and pushing it onto others.

that is a purely RELIGIOUS viewpoint. it cannot be asserted with Reason alone.

I pity the sad delusional life of a theist who asserts that atheists sit around claiming [insert anything].

• Everard

The weepy, whiny, whinging, wimpy, widdle wiener has me blocked so... 😎

I saw this great answer a few weeks ago..

Here is the answer atheism provides
      "We see no compelling evidence that there are any gods"

If this answer does not satisfy the question
      Then the question is unrelated to atheism.
      ~

• God

It's ironic when religious people use the word "delusion" to describe rational people.

Most, if not all, problems in the world are caused by religion (especially Christianity).

I'm sorry you hate facts.

Aren't holy wars caused by religion? That's a pretty big problem, especially in Syria.

That's very nice of you.