Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Could you imagine the sad delusional life of an atheist who asserts "Religious belief is responsible for most if not all problems on earth"?

Update:

i pitty the poor atheist who has such a twisted and irrational mindset requiring ridiculous assertions

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Brian
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes...it's kind of like when a child dies from abuse, and someone says that "it must have been a part of God's plan."

• Doc
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

No I can't. Most I've seen rejoice in their freedom from religion.

• 6 months ago

It is called scapegoating.

But, suppose, for the sake of argument that religion is evil, and also man made. What would that say about religion's inventors?

The truth is that people do not need God to do evil. People do evil for control, wealth and sex. If anything, religion restrains peoples' darker desires by giving people moral guidelines. And, Christianity, at least, says that murderers go to Hell, not to Heaven. Perhaps you don't like the idea of being threatened with Hell to do good, but it sure is not an incentive to do evil.

• Ey-thee-o-lu-jist
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

MURDERS DO NOT GO TO HELL. PAUL, DAVID, AND MOSES WERE ALL MURDERERS.

UNREPENTANT SINNERS GO TO HELL.

• 6 months ago

Well, gee, thanks for the concern. Have a cookie.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

I'm not religious and I sometimes agree with atheists, but I dislike atheists who seem so smug about their beliefs. Having a firm belief that there is not a god and pushing it onto others is just as bad as having a firm belief there /is/ a god and pushing it onto others.

• 6 months ago

that is a purely RELIGIOUS viewpoint. it cannot be asserted with Reason alone.

• 6 months ago

I pity the sad delusional life of a theist who asserts that atheists sit around claiming [insert anything].

• Everard
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

The weepy, whiny, whinging, wimpy, widdle wiener has me blocked so... 😎

I saw this great answer a few weeks ago..

Here is the answer atheism provides
      "We see no compelling evidence that there are any gods"

If this answer does not satisfy the question
      Then the question is unrelated to atheism.
      ~

• God
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

It's ironic when religious people use the word "delusion" to describe rational people.

Most, if not all, problems in the world are caused by religion (especially Christianity).

I'm sorry you hate facts.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Aren't holy wars caused by religion? That's a pretty big problem, especially in Syria.

• 6 months ago

That's very nice of you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.