T-pain asked in HealthMen's Health · 6 months ago

Hi I was wondering if this was normal. So i am 16 and my foreskin hasn’t peeled back and most of friends foreskins have should I see a doc?

Your pediatrician can give you dexamethasone cream to apply twice a day. In 6 weeks 90% of patients will have full retraction.

Yeah, i'd go see a doctor anyway. At least you'll know whats going on then.

• Roddy

A normal foreskin is fully, freely and painlessly retractable by 8 years old at the latest. Your parents ought to have checked that you could freely retract and taught you to do so daily in the bath or shower to keep clean under the foreskin.

By the start of one's teens (at the latest) it becomes imperative to retract the foreskin fully at least daily and wash away all the waste material, called smegma, that constantly collects there. Failure to do so leads to obnoxious odours and eventually to serious infections as the smegma becomes colonised by harmful bacteria and fungal spores.

Phimosis (tight foreskin) will not cure itself and cannot be fully cured by any form of 'stretching' exercise - which may actually make the phimosis worse. You MUST see a doctor as soon as practicable to get your errant foreskin sorted out once and for all.

i advocate infant circumcision

• balan

Apply baby oil and try to retract the foreskin everyday during bath and it will work after about 15 days and the foreskin will move freely.Do not apply pressure while retracing but do. it slowly.Regards.

• Josie

Might be noremal for YOU. About 10% of uncut men

retract later than 17 according to research in Holland.

Usually I think it is a gradual process.

Exercising it in the shower might help.

I once had a boyfriend of 22 who had very little retraction

but we managed sex.

• Josie

O gosh and you mean you don't have an agenda you follow in every possible answer you give !! Even the description "phimotic foreskin" is skillfully biased and No in my own pretty varied sexual adventures I haven't noticed this greater pleasure you describe.

• Mark

In the shower or bath, try inserting your pinky finger inside your foreskin, and gently slide it back. Do this a few times. The hot water will help soften the hood.

• Roddy

If th foreskin is too tight to pass over the rim of the glans (penis head) then there is no way one will get a finger inside! Anyway, to effectively spread the foreskin outwards would require two fingers - a total impossibioity with phimosis.