Is it okay to punch your wife if she curses at you?

I used to curse at my husband and he hit me a lot and therefore, my parents said I deserved it which means taking responsibility for my actions like a good wife should do.

Would you agree with my parents about this?

Traditional men marry b*(&hes and then abuse and groom them into housewives.

It's no wonder western women get abused more often because they curse a lot and do other unfeminine things. Red pillers and other masculinists say women should be kept in line as in spare the rod, spoil the woman.

I think western women should behave like women in conservative countries and societies so that way they will be desired. They should be passive, silent, and obedient to what others want. Be codependent, not independent.

My BF is 6'7", he would laugh and walk away. He has done it but we are playing.

Urgh ...maybe u should get punched by some professional boxer to understand the answer by urself

Don't mean to be rude, but it must be said. Your parents are bigger idiots than your husband. What a charming life you must've had growing up in their household.

• Tara

NOOOOOO !! … never .. never-ever !

No, physical violence is never the answer (and one hopes you called the police). But being a cursing shrew isn't necessary either. Why people let things get this out of hand is beyond most of us.

No If she calls the police you will end up with a criminal record. That is what my friend did and he cant even get a job at uber.

• rebecca5 months agoReport

He made the choice to hit her, he can live with the consequences.

• SW-6

Say your Mother, daughter, niece, best friend, favorite aunt - they all cursed at their husbands, boyfriends, carpool drivers, etc. Is it ok for those men to punch them for it ? There's your answer. :)

If all you did was curse at him then no, he should have enough restraint not to become violent. But if your cursing turned into any kind of physical aggression towards him then yes you deserved what you got.

I don't ascribe to the idea that all women are weak, frail, and fragile and should never be hit back. Yes as your parents alluded you need to know that if you raise your hand to attack him he has every right to knock you on your behind if he so chooses. Men that restrain their strength should not be assumed by the woman to be weak; so when a woman is doing to much and that guy snaps she deserves what she gets.

Violence is pathetic! Nobody deserves to be hit by someone who is supposed to love them. Or anyone of course. People who are feeling confident and secure and have self respect don't feel a need to call people names, criticise, bully, shout, etc. You both need to change your lives, one would think.

No. It is never okay to put your hands on anyone unless you're defending yourself. Find another way to resolve the issues.