By definition, heaven is situated in a higher place than the grave: Acts 1:9. True or false?

By definition, the Resurrection of Christ and his ascension into heaven implies that Jesus had moved from a LOWER POSITION in the grave to a much HIGHER POSITION in heaven:-

Acts 1:9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.

The above Scripture has described Jesus's ascension into heaven, which is a general movement from a LOWER POSITION in the grave to a much HIGHER POSITION in heaven.

Do you agree or not?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

1) By definition, heaven is situated in a higher place than the grave: Acts 1:9. True or false?

False.

A - Acts 1:9 does not define either "heaven" or "the grave"

B - The actual definitions of "heaven" and "the grave" in the supernatural sense of those words do not specify any relative "height" (though one non-supernatural definition of "heaven" is "the sky")

C - Acts 1:9 does not teach us that heaven is above, at the same level, or lower than "the grave"

Edit

2) By definition, the Resurrection of Christ and his ascension into heaven implies that Jesus had moved from a LOWER POSITION in the grave to a much HIGHER POSITION in heaven:-

No.

A - Nothing about "the grave" is mentioned in Acts 1:9.

B - The definition of "ascension" (a word not used in Acts 1:9) does suggest rising, but can refer to a physical change in location. Remember: all such references are RELATIVE, and in this case relative to the surface of the Earth. You could also argue that climbing a mountain means that you are at a much higher position than the bodies in the cemetery at the bottom of that mountain...but I would wonder why you would bother.

3) The above Scripture has described Jesus's ascension into heaven, which is a general movement from a LOWER POSITION in the grave to a much HIGHER POSITION in heaven.

That is NOT what "ascension" means.

Conclusion: careless (imprecise) wording and careless reasoning.

• 6 months ago

I don't know. All I know is heaven is where Jesus is and I want to be there.

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • Den B7
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

why not................

• 6 months ago

its religious nonesense as heaven only exists in the mindset of the religious

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can better know the true meanings of Bible verses.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Heaven is not actually a "place", as we generally understand that term. Places require space, and exist in time, which is why we can visit them. Heaven exists outside of time and space. It is better viewed as a mode or state of existence.

• The "Heaven" discussed in the Bible is Beyond our World.

The grave is merely dirt.

God is Beyond all that we know here.

• Mandy
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Agree with what? That Christ ascended into Heaven or that Acts 1:9 reads as such?

• 6 months ago

It;s a SPIRITUAL place-not a geography place.

• Geography is irrelevant. But the Scripture still says that "heaven is situated in a higher position than the grave". Whether figurative or not, it makes no difference whatsoever. Because the Bible says that heaven is an EXALTED place, which is far higher than the grave.

• 6 months ago

By definition heaven is situated in fairy land. The 3 little pigs visit there often to sell their vegan bacon.

Eye roll

• ...Show all comments
    • *&*6 months agoReport

Dude, I've never been delusional enough to desire getting into fairy land so I can sing holy holy holy to a psycho-sadistic monster in between fapping to the tortured screams of everyone else in the basement. Seriously....sinking to that level of gross stupidity has never interested me. Eye roll

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.