Are South east Asians really that intelligent? how intelligent compared to Africans? why?

I was watching a documentary on people from places like Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Maylasia, and the people seemed really (how to put it best in English, very "basic', 'simple" types. not very intelligent. but I have heard that they are. or maybe that was the people in china or Chinese living in these regions?

how compared to Africans/

6 Answers

Relevance
  • IOM
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Best answer

Here's an IQ map of the world.

Attachment image
    • IOM
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

LOL Yes Italy seems a bit weird if you think of southern Italy, but think of the North, Tuscany... And all that art, architecture, the Venetian Republic, philosophers...

• 4 months ago

i know of several historical intelligent african americans. intelligence is based on education and faith to learn and wisdom follows the knowledge of learning. people of a nations and tongues can be intelligent and/or ignorant, even the intelligent ones can be ignorant of the truth. even though they spend their whole lives seeking knowledge.

• 4 months ago

Supposedly tests have shown that East Asians in general are more intelligent than Europeans and Africans.

My guess is that it has to do with genetics. Some breeds of dogs are found to be smarter than other breeds.

However, it has been shown that although a high IQ is a useful tool, the main predictor of success is a high EQ (emotional quotient), which includes the ability to give up something good in the present for something better in the future. In general, Americans have a higher EQ than the rest of the world.

• 4 months ago

Intelligence is found in all races but I know a lot of intelligent south asians - it could be because I don't notice the stupid ones and I've met stupid ones too.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Most muslims have lower IQ's due to their practice of incestuous practices. Africans being majority muslim are not an exception to this.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

By reciting the rosary each day with care and doing fasting, a person can become more truly wise.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.