What is the schedule of a police officer in Canada?

Okay so I've done some research and saw in Edmonton and Calgary for example it says it's 4 days on and 4 days off and of those days it's 2 night 2 day, how is that possible? Did I miss read? That doesn't sound possible to one day wake up at 8 am and do that for 2 days and then you aren't waking... show more Okay so I've done some research and saw in Edmonton and Calgary for example it says it's 4 days on and 4 days off and of those days it's 2 night 2 day, how is that possible? Did I miss read? That doesn't sound possible to one day wake up at 8 am and do that for 2 days and then you aren't waking up at 8 am no more you are sleeping at 8 am that seems incredibly unhealthy and dangerous to the officers and citizens. Officer401 a cop in the US said some departments in the US have 2 weeks night 2 weeks day and he said that must be hell how about 2 night 2 days. It should be 4 months day 4 months night you would have time to adjust to it. So in conclusion have I miss read? If I haven't what canadian police agencies actually have a healthy/decent schedule? RPS? SPS? VPS?
2 answers 2