Worried about son?

I understand that at 17 he's nearly an adult and he gets to make his own decisions but, I'm just not a fan of this girl he's been dating. They met at some party in June and have been inseparable ever since. There's just been this change in his attitude, whereas he used to be easy-going, now... show more I understand that at 17 he's nearly an adult and he gets to make his own decisions but, I'm just not a fan of this girl he's been dating. They met at some party in June and have been inseparable ever since. There's just been this change in his attitude, whereas he used to be easy-going, now everything is a fight. Getting him to pick up his room is a fight, asking him to do dishes some nights is a fight.

My 2 huge concerns are 1) It seems like whenever he's out with her, he comes home late with the excuse, " she wasn't ready" and 2) She's able to boss him around. She doesn't even try to hide it, she'll just order him to go get her a drink or a blanket or something.

Do I just need to hope that he breaks this off soon? All I ever get out of him is how pretty she is.