Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

do we manifest things into our lives with our thoughts?

law of attraction

Sometimes, most times we act on our thoughts which is how they manifest. Not always though.

my thoughts about we be loose my home books cd dvd's linvig on streets or in jail for look up stuff I am into

No. I was abused as a child, and the only thing that got me through was imagining the loving, happy family I would make for myself as an adult. If we are able to manifest what we desire with our thoughts, all the hours I spent focused on the family I would have, would have made it happen. Instead I fled three engagements because I have never been able to believe anyone could truly love me, and I was physically unable to have children because of damage caused by the abuse. So, no, you can't manifest things into being.

Only in a very indirect way, according to standard psychology. This is how it works: we think thoughts constantly, often automatically, that is, we think without thinking, judging, comparing, worrying, fantisizing, wondering, remembering, etc etc. Those thoughts influence our feelings, our emotional life, which is also in a state of flux. Finally, we act upon those thoughts and emotions, for example we speak, maybe in anger in response to something someone else said. That action in turn causes more emotion, maybe a sense of sorrow which leads to thoughts of regret, which may lead us to act in a different way, in an unhealthy way such as becoming withdrawn and avoidant, or a healthy way, like apologizing and trying to resolve the problem. Our choice of behavior, which is the factor over which we have the most control, then effects our thoughts and emotions, and the cycle continues.

It follows by reason that if we consistently reinforce certain thoughts, we will develop an emotional state consistent with those thoughts and then act upon them. This is the theory behind CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) in a nutshell. Most psychologists agree that it works.

But spiritually, there may be even more direct consequences to our thoughts, and especially our words. The Bible says, "Death and life is in the power of the tongue." And " out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. " The message here is that we speak whatever is truly part of our intellectual belief system and our emotional values, the things we really care about. When we speak it, we bring the power of the belief into manifestation, because we are then acting as God, who spoke the universe into existence, we being made in his image. Even without words, our actions speak, as is said, louder than words: "As a man sows, so shall he reap."

Thank God for forgiveness: "He has not dealt with us as our sins deserve." And for prayer, by which we can direct our thoughts and words toward heaven. Blessings to you in Jesus. Good question by the way.

Of course.

Our actions are often a reflection of our thoughts.

And even if you stifle your thoughts when they are not positive, people can realize that you don't feel in harmony with yourself...

No,it's the action that brings things.

You can think all you want and come up empty.

i think thats possible

Thoughts turn into actions remember that.

i think thats possible

They say that about negativity, but I don't know about other emotions.

I really, really liked this one girl and thought about her 24/7 and actually remained positive long after it was a lost cause... i.e. her moving in with an enemployed boyfriend that lives with his mom...

A ring appeared on her hand (a vending machine one obviously since the guy is unemployed), and I wished upon a falling star one night I saw when driving home... not out loud at all... but for the engagement to end...

The ring was gone a few days later!

It came back... now is gone... but they are still an item.

Anyway I guess in short I've heard over and over that being negative can cause negative things to happen - but I'm not so sure about the positive.

One would have to be legit-believing in it not just wanting things to go a certain way by pretending to think a certain way, I guess.