Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

Think my neighbor might be driving drunk?

I moved back in with my mother recently. Our houses are in a rural area, with a small road that not many people drive through. Our houses are maybe 15 seconds apart. The thing is, this guy is my moms bf. We have been neighbors for 20 years. I know he drinks a alot. Most times he comes down to our house he is pretty drunk. I havnt been too worried about it as he only has to drive up a small hill to get to his house, but my sister and I were working out by the rode today, and he drove by, and jokingly asked what were were doing. When he drove away my sister said he was smashed. I didnt really notice, but yeah. I would talk to him about it, but hes a redneck guy. And I dont know how hed respond. I dont have any proof that he was driving around in town. He could have just drive down to the other neighbors house or something. Should I feel responsible if something happens and I didnt do anything about it?

• dman63

If he lives close by getting his license number should be easy. I would let the police know. If he’s constantly driving drunk he’s a danger to himself and everyone else on the road...not to mention your mom. Hopefully she has the sense to find alternate transportation if he’s been drinking.

• Nicholas5 months agoReport

He lives close by, but he lives up a private rode. It would look suspicious if I were to walk up there, as I neve go up there

i would just tell the police about it, he dont have to know who told and they can check his alcohol levels

Tell the police he has a habit of DUI. Maybe they will come looking for him.

• Nicholas5 months agoReport

I dont know his license plate, but I know his name, and address. Think that will be enough?