I have an oil leak. It drips dots after I turn off the car and goes away. It usually drips when I drive for awhile.?
It seems the leak is coming from the side of the gasket oil pan. I notice a crack I believe. It’s near where my oil filter is located. Is it the oil pan? My oil pan is a little damage.
- The MikelLv 76 months ago
You need a professional test.
1. They clean everything of the oil smears/leaks.
2. Dump a can of Leak Detector Dye into the oil sump.
3. Then run the engine for a few minutes.
4. After that they scan the areas with an Ultraviolet Lamp looking for the Dye stains.