Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

Can one be a true Christian and support gay marriage?

I know someone who is a devout Christian, and she will be attending her gay son's wedding. I'm curious as to what other Christians think.

Update:

Where in my post did I indicate that I didn't support gay marriage? My goodness, some of you can't read....

90 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

We are suppose to love the person and not the sin.

• 3 months ago

NO YOU CANNOT....The Bible says: “Men who practice homosexuality . . . will not inherit God’s Kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) The same applies to women.​—Romans 1:26. True Christians choose to live by the moral code set forth in the Bible. They do not approve of the actions that the Bible prohibits. But they neither mock nor mistreat people whose practices differ from their own.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes, a true Christian does not think he or she is a "judge" of other people, but leaves it to God to judge. A true Christian is here to preach the good news of Jesus Christ to people not to persecute them. Even Jesus did not pick up that rock and "cast the first stone" but many conceited persons are real quick to pick up that stone and cast it. Doesn't mean they are "without sin", just that they are cruel and judgmental.

Source(s): "Love they neighbour as thyself"--Jesus
  • 3 months ago

Jesus never said anything about Homosexuality. Pay attention to the red words. Also, we are exempt from most of the 613 "thou shalt nots" of the old testament. At the Last Supper Jesus said we are entering 'a new and everlasting covenant', exempting us from Leviticus.

• Hannah J Paul
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Jesus did speak on homosexuality. Most people simply missed it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Americans are stupid. It is because they sin a lot.

Homosexuality is not true according to Christianity & it is immoral, but they are told not to judge anybody. After thousands of years, Torah is still undertaken by some people in some places in world, they aren't sinless, but they want a govt in Israel based on Torah. Based on Torah, you know all will love each other & LOVE G-D or will see the result of it....

Thanks!

• 3 months ago

No they shouldn’t support. They even can’t have anything to do with it.

• Hannah J Paul
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

The only twisting is that done by people who try to re-write God’s own words. It is true that Christianity has nothing to do with gay people. True Christianity has nothing to do with any people who insist upon practicing what God forbids.

• 3 months ago

A real Christian doesn't judge other ppls decisions u do u

• john10001
      Lv 5
      3 months agoReport

You have misinterpreted scripture and been deceived. The Bible shows that we should hold each other to account.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

All Christians have some moral issues. Going against God's teaching on marriage would be one such issue.

• barty
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

There are Christians who primarily follow Paul and Christians who primarily follow Jesus. Sounds like she is in the latter group.

• St Paul and the first apostles who knew Jesus having heard his more detailed teaching (which we have not ) and who were guided by the Holy Spirit are in tune with the teachings and wisdom of Christ. Sex with one of the same sex is still an abomination. and could not logically suddenly change!.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Wow, this thread is full of hateful Christians! Christians need to get with the 21st Century and stop being so backwards as individuals. They are the reason why a lot of LGBT people have committed suicide, by shoving their superstitions down their throats!

• Such a hate filled, angry atheist!!!!
      Jesus can save you too you know.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.