Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Is homophobia a Christian thing? or just a human thing?

You can date homophobia from the Pious Forgery of Hilkiah in chapters 22 and 23 of Second Kings. Hilkiah was the high-priest who had the King of Judah assassinated and led his six year old son Josiah away by the hand, married his own daughter to the young king, and brainwashed his son-in-law the new King Josiah into believing the pious forgery that Hilkiah wrote and hid in a hollow column or pillar in the Temple, planted for the workmen he himself ordered to find, and attributed to Moses. Homophobia is Hilkiah's lie which infected Judaism, causing the murders of the Temple catamites under Josiah's "Josiannic Reforms" in 627 BC and the Destruction of the Temple along with the invasion of Judah by its neighbours, as well as an infection spread into both Christianity and Islam. Jesus never said anything homophobic. You cannot date homophobia any earlier than the Josiannic Reforms of 627 BC or anywhere else as a "human thing" before any other human society came into contact with the original influence spreading out from Hilkiah. For example, in 627 BC, Japan believed in Amaterasu who newly founded their imperial family, and established a tradition among the Samurai of male on male mentorship amongst the Samurai which lasted right up until the 1600s when Catholicism, carrying Hilkiah's invasive poison, destroyed that aspect of the ancient Samurai tradition.

Hate is learned, and therefore homophobia is not natural. Human beings have free will, and can choose to either hate people with differences or accept/embrace them.

It’s wrong and anyone with any kind of morals that hasn’t been brainwashed knows it is wrong wether they are Christian or not. There are a lot of “Christians” who say being gay is okay despite that it is clearly in the Bible as a sin, these people shouldn’t call themselves Christian as they think the bible lies and if they think the bible lies than they don’t truely believe in God

its a "thang" thing

Christian and a Muslim thing?

No. That is a human thing.

But now people called homophobic to anybody who doesn't agree with homosexuality, I think this is what is completely wrong and prejudice

Homophobia is an artificial thing because it is an adjective wrongly attributed to those who consider homosexuality to be wrong. A phobia is an irrational fear. Christians are not frightened either of homosexuals or of the sex acts they perform. They do not have an irrational fear of that. This is not in the same category as, say, arachnophobia - fear of spiders.

Objecting to homosexuality as a wrong thing for humans to engage in is not irrational - it is logical, given that if it was natural, the human species would have died out centuries ago. It has always been considered by the vast bulk of humanity to be an extreme form of licentiousness. Humans the world over (especially men) seem to have a natural revulsion for such extremism, and probably men think it is a threat to masculinity. I don't know, but that's what it seems like to me.

However, it may be true to say that the biblical statements on it are such that Christians are more alert to the spiritual dangers involved in homosexuality than are others. It is of note that many pagan cultures have encouraged homosexuality. There is a spiritual dimension to sex that most people are unaware of. It has to do with God creating humanity in His image and likeness, unlike the animals. I would say that objection to homosexuality is a God thing.

• john4 months agoReport

Homosexuality is natural , just like heterosexuality and bisexuality but then again if you're truly enlightened you do nothing but meaningless words . And the reason why I want to take forever to you as natural is because it is genetic mutation that is responsible for different sexualities .

Idk where this so called "fear" of gays came from. I'm never scared of a gay person i just don't like their decision theyre brainwashed by Satan.

Homophobia is a convenient and misleading term. No, few Christians are homophobic in the sense implied in the root words. Many Christians ARE misanthropes when it comes to homosexuals, and that is unfortunate.

I love the murderer, but that doesn't mean I should encourage him to murder. Don't have such a double standard.

• Madam Sin Bin

Gay people are not akin to murderers, in any sense. A person's sexuality is part and parcel of them. Trying to erase that is in a sense trying to erase that entire person. So yes, you do hate gay people, kiddo.

• Clive

It's a religious thing. The only people who burble on about homosexuality are almost entirely religious and they do it because their religion told them to. There are religions that don't go on and on and on about it. You could say it's a human thing because heterosexual people don't understand how you can love someone of the same sex or be bisexual, but it's only religion that has ever turned it into active homophobia, provokes people into hatred of others and even, in some cases, tries to "cure" it. And non-religious people who feel the same have been conditioned by society around them.

The only church I have ever come across that is an accurate reflection of the Bible is the Westboro Baptist Church, which preaches that their god hates everyone. I am a theology graduate who HAS read the whole thing and that study convinced me that god is a thoroughly nasty piece of work. Who else would lay down a huge set of rules that is impossible to follow so you have to grovel to him constantly? Bear in mind that sin is only what this god person says it is, so he claims to be judge and jury in his own case.

And if he created me, he is clearly incompetent. Why couldn't he make me heterosexual?

• Nathan

Why did you say women have holes but men have penises? Is the word vagina not in your vocabulary? Yeah, woman have holes that magically make babies *wow* Where's your evidence that athiests hate lgbt people more? I'd like to see valid evidence