Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

In retrospect was #MeToo a good or a bad movement and why?

Favorite Answer

#MeToo was bad. It wasn’t (and isn’t) about justice. It’s a way to extort money from the rich and ruin people’s careers. #MeToo is about assuming people are guilty based upon an unproven accusation. That is not justice and it says much about society that we put up with such corruption.

When I was young what is now called a hashtag was called a "pound" sign. So everytime I see #metoo, I see "pound me too!"

The movement at least educated the public, even if on a very mainstream level. It also proved that survivors can't be defined by an indecent act committed against them.

It's a good movement but a horrible slogan you do not have to experience abuse tech knowledge that it's wrong you do not have to experience harassment to acknowledge that it's wrong. No means no it's a lot better

It's good but it was sexist because men and boys have been victims of abuse and crime also; committed by women.

And woman have committed abuses and crimes against girls and other women as well.

The anti-male metoo movements always give abusive women a free pass.

Did #metoo really accomplish anything? I am serious when posing this counter question, I can't think of anything serious or long standing that arose from #metoo.

• Bill

Women were afraid to say anything? That must explain the constant omg rape talk going on for the last forty years.

• Joseph

Mostly bad but getting rid of Harvey Winestein was pretty good. But making it possible to make a man's life miserable with nothing more than a story about some thing that may or not have happened 30 years ago? Bad.

It’s just part of the feminist movement, the same movement which is making boys ‘transition’ to girls or just go gay these days because they know it’s too risky to be a guy anymore. Straight males are an oppressed Group in this country now. It’s not a good group to be associated with anymore.Not just if you’re a boy but when you get older and are a divorced father... treated worse than a convicted murderer/rapist in the feminist-legislated no-fault divorce family court system which rips families apart for a profit....then you’ll understand just how brutal it is. You will never recover from that even if you somehow managed to recover from an emasculating, castrating feminist upbringing.

• alexis

Don't forget cis and white. Cis, straight white men are the ones in the most danger now.

It was an awful movement and still is.

# (pound) me too? I think they could have done a better job finding a name for themselves....