Riley asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

1 dog or 2?

Was recently thinking of getting a puppy. I have really no experiance owning a dog and I was wondering if maybe getting 2 is a better idea so they can play when im not home.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

STOP wasting our time with your lies! Of your current string of 8 questions, 7 are lies where you contradict yourself, the other was where you pretended to want to be a vet.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Best to train completely (obedience and house training) the one puppy for a year or so before you decide to bring in a 2nd dog. Be sure this puppy is spayed/neutered before bringing in a new one.

• 6 months ago

One puppy is a lot of work. Two is double the trouble. One puppy will often try to dominate the other (like in a pack) if they are close to the same age. You will have a difficult time training two pups at once, especially if you have no experience. Also, you want your new dog to bond to you. This bond will not be as strong if the two are spending more time playing and tussling with each other. While having two dogs isn't a bad idea, getting two of them at the same time is rarely a good idea.

• 6 months ago

How can somebody with THREE DOGS (ALREADY) not have any EXPERIENCE as a dog owner? (Or is that only two, since "supposedly" one JUST got eaten by a coyote.)

Do you think everybody is ASLEEP at the wheel??? Go TROLL elsewhere.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

With all your other questions I am not going to waste my time typing a long helpful answer. According to your 5 questions yesterday, you already THREE large breed dogs and you've asked about a Pit Bull & a Rottweiler. You've also asked about a coyote coming and taking your dog.

So I'll just say NEVER EVER EVER two puppies at once for someone as inexperienced as you.

• 6 months ago

What happened to the three dogs you owned yesterday?

• Anna
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

One of them got killed and eaten by a coyote according to one of his other questions. He said it barked at every sound so I expect the neighbours are relived even though it was his fault.

• 6 months ago

One dog only....

If your stupid enough to get 2, Then training them will become nigh impossible as one pup will constantly play you off against the other whenever you try to train them.

Attachment image
    Source(s): Shepherd
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You are right. You have no experience. You might try 3 and triple the fun.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

He already has 3 according to his other questions. 3 is more than enough dogs.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, it is a terrible idea

• 6 months ago

I usually ran on 2, or even 3 puppies from our litters, BUT I know a thing or two when it comes to raising/training puppies. If you are a novice owner, don't. It might sound a good idea for them to be together 'when you are not home' but frankly it would be way better to buy one and concentrate on getting her (recommend a female first) trained and spayed as appropriate and then, if it's all gone to plan, think about a second puppy - a male. If you plan on being away from home a lot - you will have to adjust your life-style so you have the time needed for the huge needs of a puppy - not the least being house-training!

Add later - https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

No experience - really???

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.