Allan asked in PetsDogs · 11 months ago

is keyhole surgery the best way to spay a ***** dog?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

That would depend on how uncomplicated the spay is likely to be, and how good the vet is - and whether he'd agree to spay that way!! I've never had this with any of mine but most were spayed long ago, before surgery had progressed.

This is one for a discussion with your vet. Not here.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 11 months ago

I would not say it is the best way, it is just another way of doing the same thing. Discuss this with the Vet who will be doing the surgery. Traditional way is good, scars disappear.

Lv 7
    11 months ago

Depends on circumstances surrounding the spay, and the skills of the specific veterinarian. Consult yours for an opinion that applies to your specific instance.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

To spay a what dog? The yahoo censorbot clouds up the clarity.

I'm guessing by "keyhole surgery" you're talking about laparoscopic surgery. If so, I would expect that would be a little less invasive because the incision and entry point is far smaller than the usual "slit 'em open" type of surgery. You'd have to get information on the techniques from a qualified veterinarian. However, in either case the surgery is very invasive because you (well, the vet) would be entering the dog's body and removing organs for no medically necessary reason, and surgeries like that always carry risks of complications, especially if the spay includes a full hysterectomy. All it takes is a little responsibility on your part to care for a fully intact dog. Some minor inconvenience on your part is a small price to pay to keep her from going under the knife unnecessarily. My dog was intact for 12 of her 15 years of life and didn't get spayed until there was an actual medical necessity. Dealing with her menstrual cycle twice a year was no big deal.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sky
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

And yes, she had to be spayed just like your old bïtch of a mom may very well have needed a hysterectomy. That happens sometimes. Until there is a medical necessity we have no right to take the body parts of someone else. Now fück off.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.