Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

Should I be upset with my husband?

I am in a long distance relationship with my military husband. The ship that he is on does a tiger cruise. He invited a high school teacher. He just CC'd me on an email he sent the teacher. Apparently he is paying for his former teachers travel plans to Juneau Alaska from NYC and return flight from Seattle to NYC. He made this decision without talking to me. He feels justified because he has paid for my flights and things for my kids. Am I being selfish that I think first of all he should have talked to me about it first. Second of all I know we cannot afford this. I have not seen my husband in three months, will not see him until at least November. Partly because we cannot afford the flight to Alaska. I am just really frustrated and need some advice.

.......

You could be upset or you could try to understand why he may have made this decision. Perhaps he's undergoing some kind of nostalgia wherein showing off his new life to this teacher was important to him. But if money is the problem maybe you need to find a way to make more of it so you'll be able to join him for more of these events.

You know what's going on especially your financial situation. Make the necessary moves to save your finances and put that husband on a budget if you need to. You know what to do, handle it. Peace.

• Ana

LOL, in your entire question, you conveniently never said (or even brought up) whether the high school teacher is a female or a male (aka, a man or a woman).

And the only answer that you gave a thumbs up to, was the 1 answer out of 4 that didn’t ask the gender of this teacher. Lol.

I suspect that he’s inviting a woman teacher, I suspect that he’s going to be banging her, and I suspect that you’re in denial about all of this and are pretending to yourself he’s just inviting a platonic friend colleague, lol.

What is a "tiger cruise"? Why would he invite his "teacher" in the first place? What is his "teacher's" gender? Yes, you should be upset, its really bad that he didn't discuss this with you and made a unilateral decision that affects both of you. It is also bad that he didn't consider meeting with you after such a long absence. WHAT is really going on here? Sounds like more to the story and that your marriage may be in trouble. Good wishes,

• edward

So he’s flying his mistress out there or his teacher?

It doesn't make you selfish at all. You have a right to be upset about this. I don't know much about love but what I do know is that you need trust for a stable relationship. I think you should just talk to him. Tell him how you feel about what he did. Ask him the reason of why he did what he did without telling you about it before getting angry at him. I hope you get through this argument!

• Ana

I like how you thumbed- up the only answer that didn’t mention or ask if the teacher was a woman lol. STOP BEING IN DENIAL!!!